Hard plastic large sunglasses case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishCity

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I know this barely qualifies as a "case." Nevertheless...
Many many years ago I bought us 4 Eddie Bauer Optic Case hard plastic glasses cases. They are great for traveling and also on beaches and boats...you can put your prescription Ray-Bans in and even if someone throws a bag on the bag it's in the glasses are fine. The plastic doesn't get waterlogged. We have very expensive prescription glasses so it matters.

BAUER no longer has them. Nobody seems to make anything like that. I checked dive equipment sites, Amazon, etc. Ours are held shut with rubber bands after probably 20 years of use.

Any ideas? They need to be BIG. What's in your bag?

Thanks.

I'm not sure about sunglasses cases specifically but Pelican cases would work I'm sure. You could get the smaller sizes, put your glasses into their own case (cloth/hard, whatever) and then drop those into the Pelican. I am not too familiar with the sizes and know they are expensive, but I use one currently and I love it.

Thanks! I bookmarked a couple of the smaller ones.

The Witz "Wrapper" case works pretty well for my regular eyeglasses, but it fits only some of my sunglasses and not others (depends on their shape): The Wrapper - Witz Sport Cases Inc.

Hi. I know this barely qualifies as a "case." Nevertheless...
Many many years ago I bought us 4 Eddie Bauer Optic Case hard plastic glasses cases. They are great for traveling and also on beaches and boats...you can put your prescription Ray-Bans in and even if someone throws a bag on the bag it's in the glasses are fine. The plastic doesn't get waterlogged. We have very expensive prescription glasses so it matters.

BAUER no longer has them. Nobody seems to make anything like that. I checked dive equipment sites, Amazon, etc. Ours are held shut with rubber bands after probably 20 years of use.

Any ideas? They need to be BIG. What's in your bag?

Thanks.
Post a pic.

Hi again. I got 4 of the Wrapper cases. They work for some but not all of the glasses. Maui Jim frame is too big. They seem pretty water resistant (not a requisite for glasses case) so maybe can use for car fob.

Here is a photo of what we had that was perfect for a loooong time. Relined with tape after felt came off.

Any more suggestions welcomed! Thanks and thanks again.

Attachments

• REI sunglass case.jpg
    REI sunglass case.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 72
You can reline with felt, using hot glue.
(just to avoid scratches on lens, should the tape be harder than expected)

Hi again. I got 4 of the Wrapper cases. They work for some but not all of the glasses. Maui Jim frame is too big. They seem pretty water resistant (not a requisite for glasses case) so maybe can use for car fob.
Yep, the same as I discovered. I do like the design and construction, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom