Harness, Backplate, Wing Set-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim's article is a great place to start. I used it when choosing gear for myself and my son. I still use it every time we change our setup. I definitely recommend asking him for a copy. I also recommend asking him about HOG gear--that's what I chose for us and got a great deal from Jim last year. We've been more than happy with both the gear and the advice from Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jim. Thanks for the article. Very informative. I noticed on your site you sold the 23 and 32lb Hog wings. How do these perform with heavier steel tanks? I'm using LP steel 108's and might get a couple 120's as well, and I'm not sure these will have the lift for my tanks. My dive buddy dives with steel 130's and uses a 45lb OMS wing. Also - what is different about getting the wing with bungee/retractor bands?

Keep in mind that DSS, while an excellent plate, has an unusually shallow bend that may not work well with all doubles' bolt lengths. Other than that, whatever should work fine. I pick Halcyon, but I snagged my beautiful, used but new looking H harness and SS plate for $75 - no way I'd pay retail for a finished piece of metal and some webbing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom