Has Anyone Been Out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SM Diver

Reaction score
Any one but out in the Gulf lately? It's been a solid 9 days since I've been out, which seems like an eternity (although I did make the drive to Blue Grotto this past Friday to try out some new gear). Was that a blow yesterday, or what? Man, I went to the Buccaneer's game and it looked to be gusting to 35kts, out of the west, no less. Bouys showed waves of 16ft. That's a little too sporty for me.

The big question now is visability. It is going to be very bad anywhere near shore. The middle grounds may even be silted pretty good by now. If anyone get's out or hears anything, please post. Tomorrow will be the first day that diving might be doable, with a forecast of 2-4s. Good inshore forecast, but that will be a total silt out, so I am going to sit tight. Those grouper have got to be starvin at this point, so my next day out may be topside with a a full compliment of sardines at the ready.

Tampascott, when you went to Blue Grotto, don't tell me you didn't go to Devils Den....We did the Grotto and DD and then drove ?up? to Ginnie springs...this was done about 2 weeks ago..I was quite disapointed with Blue Grotto...I guess with all the hype from brochures and such...Devils Den was nice, and I'd do it again..also went into the training pond...to warm up a bit and finish off a tank...viz was about 3-4 ft...quite different from the springs...Ginnie was very nice...also did little devils eye/ear/elbow....I can't remember all the body part names...but we had a great time...and met a few people besides...
Bobb

Hey, Bobb

I have now been to Blue Grotto twice, but I have never gone to Ginnie Springs or Devil's Den, which is basically right down the road from Blue Grotto. The next training dive or gear testing I do will be to go to those places.

The only thing that ticked me off about Blue Grotto was that the owners had failed to turn on the lights. Visability there is top to bottom, as long as you have light, and even in the cavern it was tough to see.

By the way, an update on the weather. 3-5s today. Not even good for drinking Bud Light and trolling topside for Grouper. No end in sight, as the extended forecast shows 4-6s for the weekend. If this continues, I may be going to Ginnie Springs sooner than I had planned.

Man, will this ever end!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom