Has anyone been to the PortHunter lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you were in the wrong spot. Last summer one of the guys from the LDS brough up the brass letters from it.

The Loran #s for it are 14097.7 & 43930.7

I am heading out there on September 5th with Cape Ann Divers. The last time I did that wreck was about 15 years ago from my Dad's boat while I was still in High School. I grew up and started diving out on Martha's Vineyard. It was actually the first wreck I ever dove. I have a big nostalgic itch to get back out there again. I can't wait to see what it looks like these days.

Just out of curioity RIO, was Vineyard scuba where you did your Cert? and were Heidi and Joe there? They certified me last summer

Chazzjoh:
Just out of curioity RIO, was Vineyard scuba where you did your Cert? and were Heidi and Joe there? They certified me last summer

Yup it sure was. Nice to hear I am not the only one! :D

Joe Sr was still alive and running the shop back when I got certified (1989) and Joe Jr who runs the shop now was also there. Heidi wasn't around yet. I haven't spoken to Joe in years, but he is a great guy. The instructor I had, Dave, left years ago. Is Joe teaching now?

Thanks for the new numbers. I'll give it another try.

It's embarrassing but I tried to find the tire pile south of bass river this weekend and couldn't find that either. My depth sounder died on the way out so it was sort of like throwing darts at a dart-board blind folded. Has anyone been there? Is it worth a second trip? If I go again it will be mid week the boat traffic was a little crazy.

filet-O-fish:
It's embarrassing but I tried to find the tire pile south of bass river this weekend and couldn't find that either. My depth sounder died on the way out so it was sort of like throwing darts at a dart-board blind folded. Has anyone been there? Is it worth a second trip? If I go again it will be mid week the boat traffic was a little crazy.

I have a book that says:

"It is marked by an orange and white can buoy with the symbols "FR" on it"

Maybe you should bring me along to help you find these dive sites. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom