Has anyone ever stayed at Half Moon Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcp

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am on a budget and was wondering if anyone could provide feedback on Half Moon Resort in Roatan. I was also wondering if anyone could recommend quality, affordable dive operators. I am planning my trip during the 2nd week of January. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I haven't been through the accomodations at half-moon but I have eaten at the restaurant and found that the quality is hit or miss over the last few years.

For Dive operators you can't beat Coconut Tree Divers. They are just to the left as you enter west end. You will go by them on your way to Half Moon

Bill

Surprisingly few people seem to stay there, their marketing and speed of response seems to ham string them.

They have a nice location, the fish and chips in the restaurant is always good, other good options include Cocolobo, Posada Arco Iris and Coconut Tree Divers (mentioned above) do also have cabins. There are many more, these are ones i tend to book my friends and family into when they come to stay.

I have tried to stay there but they never responded. I would go with Will's recommendations both are nice places.

Thanks for all your replies...I did contact Chillies and they have really inexpensive cabins and inexpensive dives if you dive with native sons...has anyone ever experienced either place, feedback? Thanks again!

Surprisingly few people seem to stay there, their marketing and speed of response seems to ham string them.

They have a nice location, the fish and chips in the restaurant is always good, other good options include Cocolobo, Posada Arco Iris and Coconut Tree Divers (mentioned above) do also have cabins. There are many more, these are ones i tend to book my friends and family into when they come to stay.
Hi Will,
Thanks so much for your advice...I have another question. Do you know anything about Chillies (private cabins?) and Nativesons? They have a great deal and I heard that they don't load so many people on the boat as Cocount tree divers...any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom