Has Anyone Stayed at the Park Royal Recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been using the Casa Del Mar pier w/o hassle this past week, even though it is a little higher than others.

Sitting here in the lounge area on the wireless internet at the Park Royal, I can give a brief update. As Christi mentioned I'll post a trip report when I get back but in the meantime for those who take advantage of the low prices they have been running, don't hesitate!! Traveling with a group of four, we've all been pleased with the property.

Some details:

Beds: Firm pillowtop, good pillows not the tradional hard Mexican beds. Single blanket with French double sheet. Ask for extra blanket if you get cold.

Rooms: Nice finishes, views of gardens, pools and the cruise ships at the pier. Had a minor issue with hot water but seems to be resolved. Rooms may be too cold for this time of year.

Staff: Very friendly, not been hassled by time share folks.

Buffet: Food has been very flavorful, fresh, nice variety, change of menus. Desserts are yummy.

Ala Carte Restaurants: Wow..very impressive fine dining. Tried the Caribbean and Mexican not the Italian. Raspberry mole duck , Chocolate cake, Jamacian Jerk chicken, Stuffed chicken with green chili and cheese, soups have all been excellent.

Bars: No watered down drinks here...the Miami Vice (strawberry daquari with pini colada mix) is wonderful. Corona on tap. Tipping the bartenders is a nice touch for added service. They have a sports bar/club with tv's. It's enclosed in the giant palapa lobby area. Haven't heard noise from it as it's been pretty quiet this week.

Pools and Beach: Access to the beach is through a tunnel under the road so you can totally miss the traffic. Nice small beach area with palapas. Small swim cove with safe swim area for kids. Two jetted pools (wish they were hot for this time of year) by waterfront. Nice decking with lounge chairs great for watching the cruise ships if you like or the sunset if you can. Two pools by the waterfront and one pool in garden area.

Entertainment: Saw one of the evening shows. My career has been in theatre so I am a tough audience. The show was basically a dance story of the prehispanic era. Rather well done, better than expected.

Kid's area: No children with us but they have a separate pool area with water slides for the kids.

Summary: They have put some money into this property and have created a very upscale, contempory clean look. Even the restroom doors in the restaurant have been designed.

Here are a couple of pictures, the lower lounge under the palapa and the entry two the Mexican/Italian restaurants.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• park royal 004 sm.jpg
    park royal 004 sm.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Park royal lower lounge.jpg
    Park royal lower lounge.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 42
Manitou,
Thanks for the info, I look forward to your full review..

Joe

manitou diver:
S

Buffet: Food has been very flavorful, fresh, nice variety, change of menus. Desserts are yummy.

Ala Carte Restaurants: Wow..very impressive fine dining. Tried the Caribbean and Mexican not the Italian. Raspberry mole duck , Chocolate cake, Jamacian Jerk chicken, Stuffed chicken with green chili and cheese, soups have all been excellent.

Hope this helps!

Drool.....slobber,slobber....I hope there's a gym because I'll need it after reading this.

Thanks, Manitou!

Sounding better all the time.

I'm really getting excited about our trip!

Christi, any word on what is happening with the pier???

BTW Christi if you or any of your guys would like us to bring anything down (raspberry ice perhaps) just give me a PM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom