Has anyone tried insoles (superfeet) in Rockboots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giddyup9

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have super sensitive and wide feet and get some pain on the out sides of my foot when finning. I have tried a variety of boots and fin combos and am wondering if some better support would help keep my foot together.

Does anyone have any experience using insoles (Superfeet or similar) in a drysuit with neoprene socks and rock boots.
I am wondering about resilience to salt water and effectiveness for support. With my under garment sock and neoprene sock I am wondering if i will really get the support i am looking for.

I was watching your post hoping someone more knowledgeable on that question might respond, but since no one else has responded..I will emphasize I'm not a foot doctor or knowledgeable on your feet/fit, but I would personally expect outside of your foot hurting being because boots were too tight (if the arch of your foot hurt is when I would think about having arch support).

Since I also have wide feet below is simply a single personal data point about sizing:
In conventional US sizing of footwear I'm ideally about a 13 wide, (with emphasis on wide including the shoe toe box). Far more times than I would like I've had to get deal with wearing conventional size 14 shoes to get the required width. For drysuit diving (wearing fourth element artic socks, ie thick, then DUI sock, and then DUI rock boots) I am happy with my size 15 rock boots (which fit my Hollis F-1 XX-Large fins, or a very small handful of other fins). If I needed insoles, I think they would probably hold up well enough in the rock boots, but using them within the drysuit sock would probably be preferable?

I use superfeet insoles in my hiking and ski boots...I also put the original insoles from my hiking boots in my drysuit boots, but they go inside the socks of my suit and then in my boots (Aqualung Fusion Bullet with Fusion boots). Given the cost of Superfeet, I am not sure I would want to chance ruining a set by repeatedly exposing them to sea water. While they might not provide as much support as Superfeet, there are some inexpensive gel type insoles that might be better suited to your application.

-Z

If it's your toe areas, where the hot spots are, try borrowing/demoing a pair of Force Fins:
1666240431420.png
🥾Look for the stiffer Pro version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom