Has anyone tried the new "Instead"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mom2twinz99

Registered
Reaction score
We went diving this weekend, and for the first time during a dive, I was having my period. I normally use tampons, but have to go with the super absorbancy ones as my flow is very heavy. I was worried about being on the lake all day, in and out of the water, because I have a tendancy to have "leaks". So I decided to try the Instead product, and it worked great! No leaks, no changing, basically no inconvenience! I was a little concerned about the air space it would create, but had trouble at all. I highly recommend this product for women who dive. Removal is a little weird (a touch messy), and I don't think I'll use this as my monthly regular, but when diving, I'll use nothing else.

Just thought I'd give everyone this "head's up" to a great product!

Amber

I have used them, they are very convienent, the only thing I don't like is they are messy to remove. But man the freedom :p I too have used tampons for diving, and found they just didn't hold well..

Thanks so much for the review, I am always on the lookout for convenient products to make my dive time easier and hassle free.

Maria

where can you get them?

Thanks for the heads up

beachdivequeenbelam:
where can you get them?

Thanks for the heads up
I'd be interested in where to purchase them also.

underwater daphne:
what is it?

http://www.softcup.com/

I checked them out at this website and I'm definitely going to give them a try. They even have a 3 pack you can try for free, just pay shipping & handling.

capittm:
I'd be interested in where to purchase them also.

I've seen them at both Target & Wal-Mart in Texas. I believe they were around $6-7 for 6 or 8 in a package, not 100% sure I remember exact price. They are usually way above eye level (on the top shelf), and easy to miss if you are looking for them. I'm on the taller side so my eye level is higher than most women's. :wink:

For the maker's web site and a picture and description of the product, click here. I am in no way connected to this product or manufacturer, except as a consumer. :)

I tried them a while back. I thought they sounded wonderful. However, I could not get the product to work. Plus, the description of the removal sound very messy. I ended up just throwing the 2 unopened ones out.

Back
Top Bottom