Have you ever noticed...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last weekend: Big surf hitting us from all sides, crummy conditions.

This week: Gorgeous, Santa Ana winds, clear and warm (have you looked outside today?), surf is down and conditions are good

This coming weekend: Big surf predicted (5ft+), storm coming in, rain predicted.

Now this isn't a one-shot deal. Have you ever noticed that this happens all the time? Somehow there's something weather-wise that is timed to coincide with the weekends. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it.

Somehow we have to get the weather cycle re-set, so that bad weather happens on Wednesday afternoon. Around 1:30pm, after lunch, would be good. I know that Superman can do stuff with the Earth's rotation, so if anyone knows how to get in touch with Lois or Jimmy, lemme know.

I think it was arranged by the ADP so that the ADP divers will have good training (ie crappy condition) dives every weekend. After this coming weekend the weather will reset to the normal pattern - until they have to do it again next year.

That is, unless someone forgets to reset it.

Maybe we need to do some sort of ancient ritual, rain dance or sacrifice in order to get the weather re-synced? In all seriousness, I definitely see the same pattern. Maybe by late October we'll get the nice diving conditions on the weekend.

Alternatively, get a job on weekends so you can dive during the week!

Lexy:
Maybe we need to do some sort of ancient ritual, rain dance or sacrifice in order to get the weather re-synced? In all seriousness, I definitely see the same pattern. Maybe by late October we'll get the nice diving conditions on the weekend.

I think you have to sacrafice a virgin, which is tough to do in SoCal since they're an endagered species

Lexy:

Or we could have a Diver Saving Days just once, to shift the weekend. After this Sunday the next day will be Thursday. 2 working days only !!!!! If the rest of the world don't want to go along, screw them. We have our own time zone. PKDST, Pacific Kelp Diver Standard Time. 3 days behind the rest of the world.

Lexy:

*sigh*
I'll go get my grass skirt...

This used to happen all the time when I was in Chicago... "nice" (by Midwestern standards) weekdays and wet, rainy weekends. That's why I came back to SoCal.

A little rain shouldn't stop a real diver. Look at it this way... your gear is getting rinsed off automatically. Besides, some of the best lighting conditions for video occur on overcast or rainy days.

ABC forecast 20% chance of showers in foothills and mountains Sunday. I don't think that will affect Catalina's hills and beaches!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom