Have you made money from your diving adventures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'v found a pair of Mares fins, and several times I'v found set's of weight belts, but the nices thing found was a short 9mm Bareta that was given to the police.

Most stuff recovered (and returnd to owners) was when went salveging sanken equipment of a capsized divers boat.
4 full set's, 8 weight belts, fins, computers, GPS and more.

As you see, the good stuff never stay :(

When my daughter did her check-out dives she lost my wife's snorkel, which had her initials on it. Where she lost it was an area that is dived a lot my many, many divers. Well, we happened to be diving there with a group of divers two weeks later and I found that snorkel. This isn't an interesting find, but it is amazing that no one else found it in the two weeks that passed.

I used to dive under the docks at a local lake and retreive stuff for free entry to the lake. $5 a day times 30 trips saved $150.

Charlie19 once bubbled...
My buddy and I received $26.00 for recovering a guy's glasses off the end of his boat dock in 10 feet of water.

We split the money, so that's $13.00 for me, minus $4.00 for an airfill; so, yeah, I'm in the black for $9.00 of good divemoney--and lookin' for more.

I got $50 for the same type of job 2 weeks ago- my wife and I went out and blew the whole thing on dinner.

Barracuda2

RavenC once bubbled...
I don't mean instructing or through dive mastering. R

Because as an instructor I think the best year I ever had was break even.

Diversauras once bubbled...

Hey I almost forgot...

On my very first dive after getting my OW cert, I dove Blue Grotto with SJ. I found a man's ring (SS) with a wave design on it. We brought it home and had it engraved with the date and Blue Grotto, sized it to his finger and I gave it to him. That was a pretty cool find. No money but the sentimental value is "priceless." HAHAHA

We are doing a salvage dive to find a brand new prop lost off the coast of one of the islands here. We are hoping to exchange it for free off shore trips. Bartering is good. Right?

SJ has made money cleaning boats before. I would like to publish some stories with pictures. I quess I'll get pointers from Dee on UW photograpy. Mine would definately be amature. :D

R

Diversauras once bubbled...

You broke even??? You're lucky.

As an Instructor only working part time due to the fact I have a full time job, other then teaching, I don't think I ever broke even. :D

Scott

Back
Top Bottom