Headaches and SCUBA Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing I noticed from personal experience. After a long dive or series of dives(depth is irrelevant, lets say 20ft) I would get nausea, a headache and sometimes vertigo. All of the symptoms would go away within 1 hour, except the headache. One side symptom would be that my teeth didn't quite fit together, and jaw was fatigued. I read somewhere that because of my mouthpiece, my jaw muscles were deforming my semicircular canals in the ears, and might be the cause of all my symptoms. Not much different than a balance disorder.
With a better fitting mouthpiece and some adjustments to the hoses my symptoms did not return.

I have been noticing headaches diving recently as well, and this has also been a problem of mine too (teeth shift due to mouth piece not fitting well). I am going to try one of the custom fit ones to see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom