Heading to Austin 5/1/06....where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amadeusmattes

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello - heading to Austin during the week of 5/1/06 for training. I am looking for a place to dive in the evening after my class. Anyone have suggestions - ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

Lake Travis

amadeusmattes:
Hello - heading to Austin during the week of 5/1/06 for training. I am looking for a place to dive in the evening after my class.
Either Mansfield Dam Park, Windy Point Public or Windy Point Private would all be good choices.

A good summary here of shops and sites.

Assuming you will have internet access after arriving, post your intentions and I am sure you can arrange a dive buddy. I should be assisting with a brand new grandson by that date, but might be able to squeeze a dive in some evening.

Willie

Austin can be described as 266 sqare miles surrounded by reality. Still, it has its advantages. THe primary advantage is the proximity to Lake Travis. wet-willie listed the the better land access dive spots.

wet-willie's link for dive shops didn't work for me. The main dive shops are:

North: Deep Blue Scuba, Scubaland Adventures
Central: Austin Aqua Sports, Tom's Dive and Ski
South: Oak Hill Scuba, Scubaland Adventures
Northwest: Dive World

Any of these shops can hook you up with tanks and any other gear that you might need. I'm at Oak Hill Scuba weekdays after four except all day on Wednesdays. Shoot me a PM if you can't find a buddy and I'll try to hook you up with one of my divers.

Mack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom