Heading to FL for cavern course this weekend; any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP:
So, if I've got this straight...

- be humble
- be open
- be comfortable
- be prepared to die repeatedly

OK, I'm ready!

that's the spirit! it DOES sound like you're ready.... it will completely redefine how you *look* at diving - in a most delightful way!

Remember to laugh. Diving is fun. It won't feel like much fun when you do just about everything wrong, but just laugh, then absorb, and move on.

One thing I saw from observing and assisting an NACD cavern class a couple of weeks ago:

Do not make one problem into a chain of events. During the course, you will be given certain "failures" and you'll need to respond to them. Stop, and solve the problem before moving on. If you muddle through it, you will end up with a chain of problems, and someone will "die". One problem at a time, communicate, and live! :)

Be afriwad be vwery vwery afraiwd

Have fun and keep an open mind Dan is a good Instructor and a great guy

Now you guy's got me wondering about it. I'm signed up to take mine on the 7-8 of May.

I would also suggest to get down a early enough to get a good night of sleep. The class will be hard enough if you don't start out tired. After my cavern/intro class we were offered a chance to do a fun dive. Everyone in the class turned it down because we were too tired.

willardj:
Now you guy's got me wondering about it. I'm signed up to take mine on the 7-8 of May.

Cool...I'll be floating around that weekend.
Maybe we will run into each other.
OK , maybe we will meet each other.

Have a GREAT TIME in your class.

Jean

I'm going one more time to the pool tomorrow to go over skill's and work out any last min. bug's. Going to be on the A-game and ready to go for class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom