Heads UP! ... another scam - out of China, this time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3

Contributor
Reaction score
We recently received a few emails from a domain name registration service in China, saying that an outfit had applied to use our domain, with a number of near identical, but slightly different extensions other than the "dot com".
I indicated that I'd be willing to "discuss the matter" & their response leads me to believe that they were just fishing, trying to get US to register the list of domains.

Stay sharp, folks!
:crafty:

Most often it isn't really a scam. More it is just sleazy marketing.

I think there are about 15 different dot whatevers that you can get here in the US and each country has some others that you can register. Big companies have to fight like hell to protect their names so they register everything they can. I would be willing to bet that Disney owns every disney.whatever that is available worldwide.

These guys just prey on egos of us small business types that are worried that some guy in Tonga may have another site with a similar name to mine.

Just ignore them ... they have been around a long time and will be around for as long as there is registration available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom