Heads Up Computer in Mask at Scubatoys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious:
I've heard it's going to run upwards of $1000...but I still haven't seen any hard specs on the computer -

Deep stops? multiple gasses? transmitter capable?

Oceanics website says it's transmitter capable

Oceanic's wireless transmitter module attaches to the regulator first stage and transmits the diver's cylinder pressure to the mask.

Is this *ever* going to go public?? I’ve been reading about this and seeing the “right now only for the military” thing for seems like years.

Yes, they are shipping sometime spring... or early summer... And to answer all the other questions... Stop on by and ask Dan, the President of Oceanic... He'll fill you in on all the details, and check it out for yourself. I really don't know the price yet, but well over 1000 makes sense since I'm pretty sure it's going to basically be a VT3 computer built into the mask - and the VT3 is basically a grand by itself.

There are somethings when it comes to coolness factor, it doesn't matter what they cost!

mike_s:
so what's this gadget gonna cost?

If you gotta ask, you don't wanna know!

Do you think if I write Santa NOW he'll put one in my stocking? :D

I'll definitely be there for next Monday's event. I'm finally ready (i.e. I have the money :wink: ) to buy my first set of regulators. I was all set to get the Zeagle Envoy - but maybe they'll have some super deals on Aeris/Oceanic stuff since their Prez will be there.

I wonder how crowded it will be...

If you did drop the thing, you'd have to kill yourself.

For the price, the mask should come with a locater beacon, and an inflator balloon that brings it back to the surface.

Maybe a little pod of sea monkeys that deploy out the side that swim it back to you.

Put a SS boltsnap on the back and clip that baby off with a length of bungee to a d-ring.

Last month while we were in Oahu, HI, my wife and I went to the Scuba Convention they had and the Oceanic kiosk had one of the HUD masks to show.

Seemed to be a fairly bulky mask with a simple LCD display in the right side of the mask. Didn't seem like it would be able to display much information at a time. However, looked like it was big enough to display depth, time left, and maybe one other data point. Obviously, the diver should be able to scroll through seperate displays as with any other computer.

I wasn't impressed, but my wife was very impressed....which has me very worried as the representative said that he felt that the mask should come out at between $1300-1500.

Jan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom