Heads up1 Road Closures for Cozumel 70.3 Ironman Sunday 23 Sept!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This Sunday is the 70.3 Ironman triathlon here on the island! The race will go until approximately 4pm and there will be significant road closures all day, so if you are here and needing to get somewhere, plan accordingly! Even taxi's will not have access to certain roads, but will know how to get you to where you need to go!

Road closures from 5:30am to noon include:
Melgar from 11th all the way down to Punta Sur
East side roads closed util noon
Transversal road from 30th to Mezcalitos
11th from Melgar to 30th
Calles 13 and 15 south from Av. 10 to Melgar

2nd closure is from 5:30am to 4pm
Melgar from Airport Road to 11th
North Hotel zone

I'll update this if needed!!!

If you wish to watch any of the race there will be bus transportation from the host hotels to Chankanaab for the swim portion and back to town for the bike and run portions. Check with these hotels for bus schedules. Host Hotels include:
El Cozemeleño
Melia
Coral Princess
Cozumel palace
Hotel Cozumel
Park Royal
Presidente
Aura/Sabor
Occidental Grand and Iberostar

The swim (1.2 miles/1.9km) will be at Chankanaab beginning at 7:00am
Bike portion (56 miles/90k) goes from Chankanaab, around the island through town down to Iberostar and back to the Palacio and will go from approximately 7:30 - noon
The run (1/2 Marathon 13.1 mile/22.2km) will be from 11th north on Melgar to the North hotel zone down to about Playa Azul +/- and back (2 loops) - the first runners (the pros) will start about 9:00 - 9:30 and the race will end at 3:30!

Best of luck to ALL athletes! The excitement and energy on the island is AMAZING and I am so grateful to be participating this year!!! It's been an amazing journey!

BTW - The full 140.6 Ironman will be here on the island November 25th!!!

Good Luck!!!!
My bib number is 851 :) I don't know Tony's yet, but I'll post it when I find out if he says it's ok :) ANd if I actually can get back online again! It's going to be a busy couple of days!

Hi Christi, best wishes for a successful day. Do you know if there are any web cams set up so that we can get a peek at the race? Hope you don't run into any jellies on the swim. Wear socks to protect your feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom