Hello all you divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gsmarcano

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm a long time diver, from Florida but moved to Oklahoma to go back to school, cheaper. Will be back to Florida in the fall of 2010 and of course looking for a few new dive buddies. Like to Boat dive, shore dive, kayak dive and spearfish. Will dive the springs for a warm up at the start of the season but prefer salt. Hope you all have a happy spring season in this 2010 new year and hope to see some or all of you soon, ish.

gsmarcano

did you bring your gear?how long in ok?
maybe around april may it will be warm enough for wetsuit

Hello stingray, yes I did bring all of my gear. But other than TenKiller, which is far away from me I haven't seen too much here, do you have any ideas? I'm just finishing a program in school and kind of busy right now but some weekends are open, just don't want to drive hundreds of miles to dive a lake. Hope you're having a good one, Scott.

As for something close you could try: Elmer Thomas in Lawton (might be the closest), Lake Murray in Ardmore, Ardbuckle lake south of Davis. In Texas there is Clear springs scuba park (they have stuff like boats planes and several other items underwater) Then in Santa Rosa New mexico there is Blue Hole (not much to see but the water temp is the same year round) In Missouri there is Oronogo just north of Joplin.

gsmarcano, welcome to Oklahoma diving. Elmer Thomas is a Federal park and unless there is a recent change, doesn't allow spearfishing. Lake Murray, is just off I-35 and you can shoot catfish, with a minimum length. Carp, gar and other "rough" fish. If your speargun is from Florida it may be too long and unwieldy in our lake visibility

The waters in each of our lakes is cold, and the fish will move to deep water and move very little. Lake Murray is a shallow lake so the fish won't be too deep. Lake Tenkiller is much deeper and the fish right now will be down from 50 to 130 feet. If I can help more, send your question with a Personal Message (PM)

Back
Top Bottom