Hello, From Atlanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justagirl992:
Hi, New to the boards, just signed up. I recently became an Open Water Diver. I did my open water dives in Aruba. The water was just gorgeous and so was everything in it! I plan to advance myself in diving as I love the ocean. I'm looking for local dive trips or dive charters nearby. I've only got the basic gear but I plan to atleast get my own wet suit. When the Georgia Aquarium opens up here, I'm going to be a volunteer (going through training now) and get into their dive program. I beleive the Underwater world is just amazing and diving is one of the best things I've ever done in my life.

Welcome from about 85 miles south!COLUMBUS GA.
This is the most informative site you we ever find,any questions that you have will have multi answers from different view points and everyone is extremely friendly.
As far as aruba,cant comment,have not been that lucky.
As far as close diving,the fla springs are alright but Panama City Beach has some great dives.(lots of sunked vessels,jetties and bridge spans,all fun)
In reference to the GA aquarium,I most be looking at SCUBA BOARD too much.Where are they putting it and when is it projected to open?

Hey, you should check out Savannah charters - they will take you to Gray's Reef. I haven't try it but heard it is awesome.

BTW, you are only 6 hours away from me - I live about 1 hour south of Savannah!

Welcome to Scubaboard!

M_Bipartitus:
welcome to diving! Sounds like your already having a good time.

P.S. the Georgia Aquarium hasn't gotten back to me on my volunteer application yet :(

Hi, The Aquarium is going to be a wonderful experience. They'll contact you, don't worry. They told me back in June it would take 2 weeks for my background check to be completed and it took more like 2 months. They have a lot of volunteers but they're looking for a lot more. As soon as you hear something, make sure you go to Orientation, cause after the 29th there won't be anymore classes until the aquarium opens on November 23rd. Maybe I'll see you out there :)

Beboandles:
Welcome from about 85 miles south!COLUMBUS GA.
This is the most informative site you we ever find,any questions that you have will have multi answers from different view points and everyone is extremely friendly.
As far as aruba,cant comment,have not been that lucky.
As far as close diving,the fla springs are alright but Panama City Beach has some great dives.(lots of sunked vessels,jetties and bridge spans,all fun)
In reference to the GA aquarium,I most be looking at SCUBA BOARD too much.Where are they putting it and when is it projected to open?

It's supposed to open November 23rd, right smack in downtown Atlanta. It's where the old Coca-cola building used to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom