Hello from Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,
Just getting into the sport of diving and thinking about getting certified. Need advice on which diving organization to get certified with. Also for divers in the Boston area/North Shore what dive shop?

Thanks,
Russ

Welcome aboard! Until recently, I lived in Newton, MA. I was a cyclist and didn't know that I would be getting into scuba until my wife and I went on a cruise to the Carribean and did our first discovery scuba. It was then that we decided to get certified in tropical waters. You should get certified werever you want--not necessarily in Boston, unless you like the cooler and murkier waters. As for a dive shop, I only knew of pgdive (www.pgdive.com) because that was in Newton. Their not north shore, but maybe they aren't that far away from you.

Howdy Russ!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

The Instructor(s) are more important that the agencies, as the latter have too much in common to matter much. Your local possibilities for initial and ongoing training are more important. Drop in on the Dive Club forum for that part of the US to learn more, as well as New To Scuba...

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile...

:D

Russ,

Cape Ann Divers is great out of Gloucester. I went through Mass Diving in Natick to do my certification about 4 years ago, and they were terriffic. Instructors are very knowledgeable and experienced. They also organize local dives in the summer. I actially dropped my boyfriend off this past weekend to do his class/pool work - told him to get certified...or else!

BostonDiverMA:
Hello,
Just getting into the sport of diving and thinking about getting certified. Need advice on which diving organization to get certified with. Also for divers in the Boston area/North Shore what dive shop?

Thanks,
Russ

Try Undersea Divers in Beverly MA, 42 Water Street. 978-927-9551. I've know the owner Bob Boyle for more than 20 years. He is a class guy and he runs a great shop.

Back
Top Bottom