Hello from Holland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bloody Marvelous

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

New here on SB.

I did my OW and AOW in Sharm El Sheikh with a couple of friends about 7 years ago, but haven't dived since. I still think back to that holiday with fond memories.

I decided to pick up the hobby again, and am planning to head back to Sharm El Sheikh this year. I didn't send in my certification to get registered last time (I know, stupid), so I'll have to get re-certified, but that's okay. The plan is to redo OW and AOW, and add Nitrox. Looking to get into TEK diving down the road.

Last time I rented everything, but this time I really want to commit to progressing in SCUBA diving, so I've been accumulating my own gear over the past year. I'm getting close to having a full set of gear. I'm not getting a wetsuit yet since I'll be diving in warm weather and warm water. I'll pick one down the road.

After doing some YouTube research, I've gone for gear that should work well in most conditions, including TEK. It's pretty Apeks heavy, but I like the look of their stuff. I don't have any experience with it, but most reviewers seem to like what they make, and it seems pretty well designed. It's not the cheapest, but also not the most expensive gear I could've gone for.

So here's what I got (pretty much everything is either black or dark grey):
2x Apeks MTX Stage 1 & 2
Apeks brass & glass TEK SPG (because of the black face-plate)
rubber 210cm hose for primary donate
rubber 65cm hose for secondary 2nd stage
90° elbow joint for secondary 2nd stage
Apeks stainless steel backplate and harness
Tecline cinch adapter (for getting in and out the harness more easily)
Apeks single tank adapter (coulda gone for a set of book screws, but decided to go with the adapter)
Apeks WTX-D40 PSD wing
2x Apeks Griplock band

Shearwater Perdix AI with Swift transmitter (on the adjustable straps)
ScubaPro 3"/7.5cm hose for the Swift transmitter
Apeks wristmounted compass
EezyCut linecutter
Apeks Luna Mini light
Apeks 15m spool
Apeks orange dSMB
Wetnotes
XDeep NX boltsnaps (1x large, 4x small, 4x double ended)

Apeks VX1 UV mask
Apeks RK3 HD fins
XS Scuba Cargo snorkel
Fourth Element Rock Hoppers
Fourth Element TEK shorts
Fourth Element Rash guard

Welkom! Good to see another Dutch Diver!

It is an addictive hobby, but with all that gear, you have no excuse to start diving locally too...lot's of nice places to dive at home (although it's a bit colder here).

Feel free to join us at our local board too, Dutch is even allowed there:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom