Hello from Kansas City!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, fellow bubble heads!
I'm fairly new, got OW certification last March 2023 in the Caribbean and have a few dives post certification down there, but don't know what to do up here. What locations are there to go to around here?

Welcome from about 100 miles south of you!

Locations will largely depend on what you consider acceptable.

Table Rock Lake is a lot of fun, with usually decent vis and several options for air/nitrox fills.
Beaver Lake is the same, with a little better vis and one option that I know of for air/nitrox fills
Stockton Lake is great for getting used to low vis diving. One option for fills, and it is air only.
Some folks like Bonne Terre Mine.

If you decide to hit any of the first three lakes, perhaps we can meet up.

DW

Welcome from about 100 miles south of you!

Locations will largely depend on what you consider acceptable.

Table Rock Lake is a lot of fun, with usually decent vis and several options for air/nitrox fills.
Beaver Lake is the same, with a little better vis and one option that I know of for air/nitrox fills
Stockton Lake is great for getting used to low vis diving. One option for fills, and it is air only.
Some folks like Bonne Terre Mine.

If you decide to hit any of the first three lakes, perhaps we can meet up.

DW
What are you doing tomorrow? 😁

Where are you in KC? Skin n Scuba does most of their open water stuff at Beaver Lake. Midwest Aquatics has a houseboat at Table Rock. Once the weather warms up you are more than welcome to join me to enjoy the 3 foot visibility at Lake Quivira. Visibility sucks but I found 4 Apple watches my last dive.

I am recovering from a motorcycle wreck, which resulted in having a plate installed on my clavicle so I wont be cleared to dive until June.

... What locations are there to go to around here?
Drive a little farther than Table Rock Lake and you'll reach Bull Shoals Lake. If you like the vis in TRL, you'll like the vix in BSL even more.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom