Hello from Kyushu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al of your questions would be better handled on the respective forums. It's all we can do to greet new members on this one.

Glad you're here...

:cowboy: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

DandyDon:
All of your questions would be better handled on the respective forums. It's all we can do to greet new members on this one.

Glad you're here...
Grettings to you. Don, you know how it can be, amped up to get the necessary gear together and such. I read through a number of posts and ended up calling Larry at ScubaToys. A Zeagle Brigade is in the works. I have some other questions and will be posting up on other forums. Awfully glad this place exists.

Best regards, thanks again for your advice and welcome.

quiet_diver:
Grettings to you. Don, you know how it can be, amped up to get the necessary gear together and such. I read through a number of posts and ended up calling Larry at ScubaToys. A Zeagle Brigade is in the works. I have some other questions and will be posting up on other forums. Awfully glad this place exists.

Best regards, thanks again for your advice and welcome.
Scuba Toys enjoys a solid reputation here, so while I have never bought from them - they must be good guys. Still, I would think you could find gear and service easier and cheaper over there.

WE have a lot of USA folks on Okinawa. Have you posted on Zen Divers, your local dive club here? Your new dive buddies there could tell you more....!!

DandyDon:
Scuba Toys enjoys a solid reputation here, so while I have never bought from them - they must be good guys. Still, I would think you could find gear and service easier and cheaper over there.

WE have a lot of USA folks on Okinawa. Have you posted on Zen Divers, your local dive club here? Your new dive buddies there could tell you more....!!

Don. In Okinawa the US folks are armed forces. They buy from special stores which civilians can't access. It's better for most of us to buy from the States - that's why I recommended Larry to quiet_diver - but he'd already worked that out from reading other threads on the board! eyebrow If he has more questions about Japan I'm sure he'll post them in the Zen forum - but being new he's still feeling his way around! eyebrow

Kim:
Don. In Okinawa the US folks are armed forces. They buy from special stores which civilians can't access. It's better for most of us to buy from the States - that's why I recommended Larry to quiet_diver - but he'd already worked that out from reading other threads on the board! eyebrow If he has more questions about Japan I'm sure he'll post them in the Zen forum - but being new he's still feeling his way around! eyebrow
Oh, I see - ok, makes sense. I've never been over there, so don't know much about it. Came close to going with the Marines in the 60s, but didn't.

Yep, the Zen forum will be an excellent resource for him, and I'll bet you can help him, too. :thumb:

Welcome to the board. Looks like you have already met with several new potential dive buddies too and that is before you check into the local sub-forum.

Lovely place where you live and looks like a lot of local divers too.

pasley:
Welcome to the board. Looks like you have already met with several new potential dive buddies too and that is before you check into the local sub-forum.

Lovely place where you live and looks like a lot of local divers too.
Hello Pasley, nice to meet you here. I hope to get back into diving on a more regular basis, now that I've found some nearby divers. Having been living in Kumamoto now for over 8 years, there are some good and bad points -- we're not that close to the surf, a good beach or the ocean as you might think, looking at a map. I do feel lucky to have landed in the southern island though, rather than say a larger city in Honshu.

I'll be popping over to Zen Divers - most over there are located elsewhere in Japan - it's a fact, it's cheaper to travel to Bali than travel 500Km domestically here; 'elsewhere' can be far indeed, in Japan.

Thanks for everyone's comments and welcomes. As Kim said above, the best method for gear if you're non-military is ordering from a trusted, experienced, professional outfit in the States, imho.

Going for a quality BC was a stretch. I can echo the other comments on SB concerning ScubaToys. Thanks Larry for your advice and excellent service.

Okay, consider me welcomed!

Back
Top Bottom