Hello from New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chetb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello to everyone,
I just found this forum while surfing and decided to join. My name is Chet and I do most of my diving in N.J. I do make a trip to the Florida Keys once in a while and plan to do some diving in the Bahamas soon by trailering my boat to Florida and leaving from there. I have been diving since 1967. My main interest is observing marine life (it's not uncommon for me to spend a whole dive in one place watching some interesting critter). My wife is my dive partner and has been since 1970. We both went to college in Florida and did a lot of diving in the Keys and caves. This was before any of them were gated off. It was interesting and exciting but I wouldn't want to do that any more. Donna is a photographer and has done programs in both NJ and PA. and also at Beneath the Sea. We have a 24 foot Osprey which is the ultimate dive boat for us. I have had larger boats over the years (up to 70 feet) but a trailerable boat is the way to go. The larger boats were mostly used to make a living as I both chartered them for marine biology work, and in between was commercial fishing. As far as jobs, I am curator of plants at an arboretum (love botany too) and Donna is a scientist (toxicologist). This summer we plan to do something different that we have never tried before. Weather permitting I am going to head out to deep water off the continental shelf and we will drift dive at anywhere above the major thermocline (to stay in the warm water) and observe and photograph the drifting marine life, and hopefully be able to see and photograph the big pelagic fish like swordfish and tuna's. It should be interesting. This fall the plans are to trailer the boat to Florida and head over to Bimini for a few weeks. I guess that's about it.
Dive safe, Chet and Donna

Sounds like quite an adventure. Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the board. You and your buddie sound about the same ages as myself and my buddy (wife). We are both instructors (independent) and love diving. I do videos and she does stills. We too dive the Florida Keys and travel there often from our Hatboro, PA. home base. We try to do NE diving when we can, but life is oh so busy. We would love to meet up with you PM me sometime.

Also look at this site: http://www.wreckvalley.com/

It is a great group of divers.

Welcome to the board Chetb.

Chetb:
This fall the plans are to trailer the boat to Florida and head over to Bimini for a few weeks.

Can I go. PLeeeeeeeeease!!!. :lol:

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi Laurens, Thank you for the welcome message.
Chet and Donna from N.J.

Back
Top Bottom