Hello from Sunny New Mexico!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YukonJack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone - I've been posting here for a few weeks asking questions/getting advice, but thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm a newly minted SSI OW diver with the minimum 5 dives under my belt. I decided to get my cert when my family decided to go to Belize (San Pedro) for 10 days to celebrate my son's graduation from college. I learned that it is one of the premier dive locations, so of course I had to get certified to enjoy that!

My father and I certified together, which was a fun thing to do, and ensured that I have a local dive buddy :) We certified at the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, New Mexico on a very cold, windy, and gray weekend last month. Thanks to our awesome instructors from the New Mexico Scuba Center we passed with flying colors and feel very competent as new divers (limited competency of course). Sadly, while on our first day of cert dives, a fellow from Denver passed away during one of his dives, which put things into perspective. We were able to get past that and finish up.

I am now the new owner of a Knighthawk BC and MK25 S600 regulator set, so I am all in for this hobby. Looking forward to getting more dives and more experience as I progress towards my AOW which I hope to get after my Nitrox training.

Greg

Thanks! If nothing else it was sobering to recognize that scuba diving is an inherently dangerous sport, and that we all need to be vigilant in our prep and diving.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida......enjoy and have a great trip to Belize.

Very sad outcome for that individual. But, congratulations on continuing your course and getting your certification with your dad. I hope you have a great vacation and get to experience some great diving both on your trip and afterward as you progress into your new hobby! Welcome to SB.

Thanks! I am already looking to get the requisite 24 dives I need this year to then work on my AOW Cert. I can already tell this is going to be a hobby of mine for a long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom