Hello I am new to this board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there and welcome to scuba board!

Yeah, this forum is big, but there are a lot of friendly people, and I never really go in a lot of them (like.... regulators and the california kelp divers and stuff like that.)

Zack

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

The job might not be all that cool (I guess that's why they call it a "job"), but it's probably pretty interesting. In fact, it may even be alarming if you are finding out things that the rest of us don't normally think about.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all

the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this

forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums.

Completing your Profile and keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving instructions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

Ok, there was this one tme me and my dad were in Indonesia. We hired aboat we had a divemaster from the island with us. The divemaster was a young local. It was along trip by boat to the site. When we were suited he gave me the ok to jump in. He told me to get in first and he would hand me my equipment. When I surfaced I looked up to give the ok sign and he wasnt there by the rail. Seconds later he showed up by the rail and handed me my camera and he said he couldnt find my speargun. I dont have a speargun I said. Ok, where is your dads speargun ? he asked. He doesnt have one either I said. Why do you need one here I asked? He disapperaed again so I started looking 360 degrees down around me. I looked up again and after wait for quite abit he said that my dad was having problems with the equipment and the divemaster again asked if we didnt bring along a speargun. Nope I said. Finally he jumps in and in the water he got close to me and now I asked him, the guide, if he had a speargun. He said he forgot his and he looked abit nervous so I asked if you needed one around here and he answered: Yes... sometimes. My dad still wasnt ready and I keep looking around me.

Finally he was ready and three had a fantastic dive on a beautiful coral wall. But I was on edge the whole dive and my air ran out faster than usuall. Iguess I was exited about the three of us lacking spearguns in an area in which the local divemaster said you needed one! Anyway, no sharks seen which was both a relief and dissapointment. Probably more relieved. On the boat trip back I asked the guy if it was because of sharks that you needed a speargun there and he answered yes, with a relieved laugh. At that point in time I had never seen a shark in the wild so I was pretty relieved that we did not meet one!

I can still remeber how the time I was alone in the water waiting for them to get in with me felt like an eternity!

All the dives that trip in Indonesia were fantastic, but somehow that "incident" I remeber the most! Me and the Indonesian guide laughed alot about that at the camp fire at night. I guess its only funny if you were there, looking up at the boat and seeing the divemaster expresion and worry as he coulndnt find and speargun! Well afterwards it was funny.

headhunter:
Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

The job might not be all that cool (I guess that's why they call it a "job"), but it's probably pretty interesting. In fact, it may even be alarming if you are finding out things that the rest of us don't normally think about.

To me there isnt much new things that I find out in my research, the research just points to more evidence that strengthens what I and most everyone else already knows. But yeah it a job.

I dont know really what other people know or not, I sometime presume most people know what I know because it also hits the media but maybe not.

:sunny Hi there! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
I am looking forward to seeing you some more around the boards!

-Matt- :chicken:

Hi there! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for over two years now. I think that you will be able to learn a lot here at ScubaBoard, and hopefully you will be able to post some of your own experiences! If you have any questions, please PM me! Otherwise, i hope to get to know you better around the boards! I hope to get to know you better!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

Enjoy your stay and be careful :icosm12: can be very addictive :068:

Very interesting job you have. Any link in the web??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom