Hello I have a Question about an underwater town. (Table Rock)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozarkjim:
James Goddard is our Midwest resident expert. If he doesn't answer your thread you can e-mail him.

Ack, I'm no expert, far from it. I just happen to be an SB mod and live in the Midwest. There are many here who know far more about it than I do...

James

theskull:

Hey, good to meet you this weekend, even if it was a land based excursion.

Since your shop and my shop both use Rolla, hopefully we will get a chance to get under thogether this summer.

James

James Goddard:
Hey, good to meet you this weekend, even if it was a land based excursion.

Since your shop and my shop both use Rolla, hopefully we will get a chance to get under thogether this summer.

James

I have Rolla plans for the April 23 weekend and again for June 11 weekend. But I'd far rather do Table Rock with you some weekend for fun. Will let you know next time I'm headed that way.

theskull

theskull:
Hey Kompressor,

Those pics look exactly like Table Rock Lake at depth. We get a little more color, though, and don't need wetsuits. ROFLMAO.

Excellent pics! Thanks for posting them.

Actually, the Enchanted Forest IS alot like your second photo, with the exception of being able to see more than 5 feet in front of you. I love swimming through the trees.

theskull

Eh... Wetsuits? I don't think you would like diving in a wetsuit in this lake! Watertemps are low 40s, in the summer! At least at any depht below 20 feet.

The name of the lake is LYNGSTØLSVATNET, and it's easily accessible by car if anyone of you ever visit Norway.

norangsdalen06.jpg
norangsdalen05.jpg

Oh, and the pics aren't by me, so any credit should go to the website it is hotlinked from! :wink: http://www.aegir.no/lygn.htm

Cool pics kompressor. Thanks.

KOMPRESSOR:
Eh... Wetsuits? I don't think you would like diving in a wetsuit in this lake! Watertemps are low 40s, in the summer! At least at any depht below 20 feet.

The name of the lake is LYNGSTØLSVATNET, and it's easily accessible by car if anyone of you ever visit Norway.

Was joking about the wetsuits! The local divers all got it, but you're a LONG way away from Table Rock. Right now it is 45 F top to bottom and definitely a drysuit dive. In late summer it actually can be dived without a wetsuit, but just down to the first thermocline at 20 or 30 ft.

Enjoyed the cool pics you posted.

theskull

The old town (or what's left of it) is just upstream from Tan-Tar-A. But you don't want to dive there. The water is pretty much a giant cess pool, and the cigarette boats are moving awfully fast to be able to react to a dive flag on a float.

theskull:
Right now it is 45 F top to bottom and definitely a drysuit dive.

theskull

dry suit isnt REALLY required.

StSomewhere:
The old town (or what's left of it) is just upstream from Tan-Tar-A. But you don't want to dive there. The water is pretty much a giant cess pool, and the cigarette boats are moving awfully fast to be able to react to a dive flag on a float.

Tan-Tar-A is on Lake of the Ozarks. NOT on Table Rock Lake.

And all of Lake of the Ozarks is a cess pool and boat hazard. I know of only one soul with the inclination to dive there if not being paid to do so.

theskull

Back
Top Bottom