Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kamalh9

Reaction score
Hi,
I moved to southern Cal about a year ago, and it took me awhile to figure out that I could start diving again. So I was informed that this place would be a good place to get back up to speed. Write now I'm looking into buying new fins (I just have snorkeling ones) and looking into a refresher course/dive.
any and all sugestions will help.
Thanks.

Aloha and welcome to the board! Your right on about the refresher. Take one and get the feel back and look at the new gear out there. This is a great place to learn.

:11: check out the ca kelpdivers forum under scubaboard clubs on the main page.I just did my 1st dive with them at catalina on sat. you wont find a nicer group of people by the way.Its a good place to get info on socal diving and also to meet fellow divers. As far as a refresher course almost every dive shop will offer them. I know sportchalet which is PADI offers it for around $70 for a pool refresher
kamalh9:
Hi,
I moved to southern Cal about a year ago, and it took me awhile to figure out that I could start diving again. So I was informed that this place would be a good place to get back up to speed. Write now I'm looking into buying new fins (I just have snorkeling ones) and looking into a refresher course/dive.
any and all sugestions will help.
Thanks.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Becareful it's addictive. Who cares though. Good friends and good info. What could be better?!?!?!!?

As for the equipment, I really don't want to give you suggestions but I will tell you what I use.
- x-vision mask from Mares
- Apollo split fins
- Seaquest Pro QD+ BC
- Atomic B2 Reg
- Suunto Vyper Computer

Welcome to Scuba Board!!!

IMHO, a good fin is a paddle fin, and then there are no fins like JetFins, and even my wife will agree with that (she went from volos, the paddle equivalent to splits, to jetfins) Whenever I don't dive with my jets, I have a pair of Mares Quattro that I also love.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom