Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll simply click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. My favorite is at the bottom: Singles Dive Club.

Completing your Profile with location will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

CaptSaaz:
Hi rachelle and welcome to SB! Maybe someday a bunch of us will fly over there and you can take us to your favorite dive spots. :)

I would love to do that...

lara1018:
hi! welcome to SB. glad to see more people from the philippines on the board. where are you based?

Hi. I see you're from the Philippines too. Manila-based, freelance divemaster and dive tour organizer...

Welcome, Rachelle! :wavey:

I've heard the diving around Cebu is wonderful. Is this true?

David East:
So where do you reckon is the best diving in the Philippines? I am thinking of coming to Puerto Galera in November. Is that a good time? I was there a year or so ago and diving was OK, but the vis was only about 15 metres. Strong currents though. I'm based in Singapore, so access to PG is reasonably easy.

Hi. That's a tough question... I would say it really depends on what you wanted to see... every site in the Philippines has its own specialty, like Malapascua Island is known for sightings of thresher sharks, Donsol for whalesharks, Anilao for variety of small fish, soft and hard corals, good for photography, Coron and Subic for wrecks, Balicasag and Apo Island for school of jacks, and of course our famous tubbataha reef. Puerto Galera is one of our best, and is really known for strong currents, lots of corals and variety of fish. Possible sighting of sharks too in one of its dive sites. Diving in the Philippines is almost year round. Vis can get bad on a summer, but can be really good in the last quarter of the year. Let me know if you will push thru with your trip, I may be able to assist you on this... Safe diving.

ScubaTexan:
Welcome, Rachelle! :wavey:

I've heard the diving around Cebu is wonderful. Is this true?

You heard right, Scuba Texan. There's Moal Boal, Balicasag, Pescador, Malapascua... etc. We were in Mapalascua last week, saw the magnificent thresher sharks and mantas... Just in case you decide to visit Cebu, I would be happy to assist you...

Rachelle:
Just in case you decide to visit Cebu, I would be happy to assist you...

You've got a deal! Someday....

Rachelle,
WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!
I discovered the Philippines two months ago. I dove in Subic Bay out of Johan de Sadeleir's operation. I'm coming back to his place at the end of December for ten days, then want to branch out.
Since budgetting is a concern for me, I may find myself back in the Philippines my next trip, a couple weeks in March. I think then I'd like to see some more of your beautiful dive country.
Enjoy weaving through the tangled threads of the board; with your experience, I'm sure that you can return almost as much as you can take.
As many people joining from the Philippines as there are, it shouldn't be long before you get your own forum, thenwe can jump in easily with questions about all dive matters there.

Tom

Nomaster:
Rachelle,
WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!
I discovered the Philippines two months ago. I dove in Subic Bay out of Johan de Sadeleir's operation. I'm coming back to his place at the end of December for ten days, then want to branch out.
Since budgetting is a concern for me, I may find myself back in the Philippines my next trip, a couple weeks in March. I think then I'd like to see some more of your beautiful dive country.
Enjoy weaving through the tangled threads of the board; with your experience, I'm sure that you can return almost as much as you can take.
As many people joining from the Philippines as there are, it shouldn't be long before you get your own forum, thenwe can jump in easily with questions about all dive matters there.

Tom

Thank you so much Tom, having my own forum would be really great... Will you consider a tubbataha reef when you get back here sometime march?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom