Help / advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,

I did a night dive yesterday and quickly came to the conclusion that my 90 lumens light clearly wasn't powerful enough.
My buddy was diving with a UK C4 eLED and I was very impressed by its output. After doing some research on the interwebs, I'm getting quite confused :idk:
I see a lot of smaller lights that output more lumens than the quite larger C4 (for example). How can, say, 3 x AAA batteries output more than 4 x AA's?
I guess I have a hard time understanding how that can be, simply because I take for granted that the bigger ones will be more powerful. Is there something else, aside from the lumens, to be taken into consideration?
I apologize if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything on SB.
Thanks a bunch!

You have gotten very good advice so far. Truth is that when you go to LED-based lights for the first time, it feels like trying to drink from a fire hose - too much information.

Although not specifically written for diving lights, several months ago I wrote a post in the flashlight forum that provides a good high level view at flashlights, with a higher emphasis on LED lights. It might be good to read/review to get a better background on LED lights in general:
Introduction to modifying flashlights ...

I hope this helps :)

Will

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom