Help me choose a DM internship!??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi

I found the life on Bali amazing. It’s an island that offers a lot booth in diving but also life above. I lived (as most divers do) in Sanur, it’s a quiet town with a lot of restaurants and hotels, few bares down the road. From there you have tons of possibilities to drive around the island to experience all Bali has to give. Go to Kuta to surf (great beginner surfing) or party, Ubud to see temples and nature or go south to see nice nice beaches.
It is easy and often quite cheap to find a small house especially if you are two to share the rent. So you don’t have to stay in small dorms or guest houses.
I had a great time, doing my dm and idc and working there a bit after.

To the above discussion, if you have the option, go where they let you come with real students. This is where you get the most real dm experience; this can’t be faced being another dm student. They will always go over the top and you’ll end up getting less real dm experience.

I wouldn't like to spend three months in Nha Trang. Maybe cut that one out.

I'm going back to England for for two years but after that I've changed my DM internship plans from Thailand to the Philippines after a recent visit. I'm going to Bali in a couple of weeks though so it'll probably change again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom