help me decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My problem is I am a size 34I in US sizes and a 34G in UK sizes
so finding one that will zip is hard lol

I'm about 3" outside the Bare size chart and the Evoke fits me just fine. Just have to suck the gut in while someone zips me up, but that's not really an issue. Nice and stretchy.

I've responded in chat and on Facebook..I might as well respond here just in case someone does some searching on Scubaboard.

Ditch the i3 at the very least. It's more hassle than it's worth. Proprietary solutions to problems that didn't exist for mere convenience can turn into a potential nightmare if you need it to be fixed/replaced and are vacation diving. I have also seen these get caught. From a safety standpoint, it is very non-standard so you will need to ensure others understand the implications and deviation from normal setups, not just your hubby who I know is your regular dive buddy.

I would try the Soul in the pool. While I understand that everyone is different, no matter how I distributed the weights and how much I had, I kept flipping upside down or to the side with this like a stranded turtle. It was frustrating.

I have the Legend LX and Legend octo; I know you've already purchased this. I have been diving with it for almost 2 years and really like it. I've used it in cold water down to 45F and up to water 100F. As an aside, if you do not dive much, I would not bother doing their annual inspection/service cycles to ensure you get free parts for life. You really do not need to service it annually if you are not diving much, despite what many people think. The cost/benefit of keeping parts for life and spending extra money to keep it unnecessarily needs to be weighed here.

Ditch the Oceanic BUD and get an Oceanic Veo 2, Veo 3, or Geo as a primary or backup instead. You can pick it up used and save some money. If you are keen on keeping the Pro Plus 3, I would use the computers I just mentioned as your primary on your wrist and then use the Oceanic Pro Plus as a backup. Alternatively, you can ditch the Pro Plus and get a nicer wrist computer like the Geo or OCi, get air integration, and then use a SPG as a backup. That would be my suggestion.

Big Blue makes great lights - love it.

FYI I am also 5'4" and am more torso than legs. My favorite wetsuit is the Aqua Lung Aqua Flex line. I have their 8/7 SolaFx semidry, their 5mm, and their 3mm. I recommend giving it a try, though I am an A-cup and not as endowed as you are. I know many people who are various heights and weights (both tall, short, underweight, overweight, normal, etc.) who fit very well into this across some men's or women's sizing and crossing over as needed. The stretch and flex is very accommodating and easy to get into and shapes against various body types very well. I do recommend doing a lycra rash guard onesie, or at the very least, a lycra top and lycra capri or pant (which you can also hem if it's too long). It makes it easier to don and doff wetsuits if you ever need to wear them and also provides sun protection and coral/stinger protections if it is too warm to wear wetsuits or Sharksins.

Don't bother spending that much on a snorkel. It's a waste of money. Don't bother with the neoprene socks. With the fins you're getting, you need neoprene boots, and maybe lycra socks to make it easier to get in and out of that, your wetsuit, and to prevent blisters/hotspots.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
I like my Aqualung Zuma BCD. Great for travel and $250 less. I also concur about the Mikron. That's a great deal. Use the savings to get a Shearwater Perdix AI or Teric AI. No need for a cable, they use bluetooth.

I've responded in chat and on Facebook..I might as well respond here just in case someone does some searching on Scubaboard.

Ditch the i3 at the very least. It's more hassle than it's worth. Proprietary solutions to problems that didn't exist for mere convenience can turn into a potential nightmare if you need it to be fixed/replaced and are vacation diving. I have also seen these get caught. From a safety standpoint, it is very non-standard so you will need to ensure others understand the implications and deviation from normal setups, not just your hubby who I know is your regular dive buddy.

I would try the Soul in the pool. While I understand that everyone is different, no matter how I distributed the weights and how much I had, I kept flipping upside down or to the side with this like a stranded turtle. It was frustrating.

I have the Legend LX and Legend octo; I know you've already purchased this. I have been diving with it for almost 2 years and really like it. I've used it in cold water down to 45F and up to water 100F. As an aside, if you do not dive much, I would not bother doing their annual inspection/service cycles to ensure you get free parts for life. You really do not need to service it annually if you are not diving much, despite what many people think. The cost/benefit of keeping parts for life and spending extra money to keep it unnecessarily needs to be weighed here.

Ditch the Oceanic BUD and get an Oceanic Veo 2, Veo 3, or Geo as a primary or backup instead. You can pick it up used and save some money. If you are keen on keeping the Pro Plus 3, I would use the computers I just mentioned as your primary on your wrist and then use the Oceanic Pro Plus as a backup. Alternatively, you can ditch the Pro Plus and get a nicer wrist computer like the Geo or OCi, get air integration, and then use a SPG as a backup. That would be my suggestion.

Big Blue makes great lights - love it.

FYI I am also 5'4" and am more torso than legs. My favorite wetsuit is the Aqua Lung Aqua Flex line. I have their 8/7 SolaFx semidry, their 5mm, and their 3mm. I recommend giving it a try, though I am an A-cup and not as endowed as you are. I know many people who are various heights and weights (both tall, short, underweight, overweight, normal, etc.) who fit very well into this across some men's or women's sizing and crossing over as needed. The stretch and flex is very accommodating and easy to get into and shapes against various body types very well. I do recommend doing a lycra rash guard onesie, or at the very least, a lycra top and lycra capri or pant (which you can also hem if it's too long). It makes it easier to don and doff wetsuits if you ever need to wear them and also provides sun protection and coral/stinger protections if it is too warm to wear wetsuits or Sharksins.

Don't bother spending that much on a snorkel. It's a waste of money. Don't bother with the neoprene socks. With the fins you're getting, you need neoprene boots, and maybe lycra socks to make it easier to get in and out of that, your wetsuit, and to prevent blisters/hotspots.

I hope this helps!

Thanks yes it did
I am changing the computers you are right

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom