Help needed on Bahama Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reefraff2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We would like to go to the Bahamas, but do not know where. We would like an all-inclusive resort for diving and snorkeling. We are looking at going in July. What are the weather and diving conditions at this time of year? What islands are recommended? St. Thomas, St. Croix, Nassau or any others? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Basic geography lesson: St. Thomas and St. Croix are part of the U.S. Virgin Islands...
There's a Divi resort on St. Croix (Divi Carina Bay). And several AI resorts on St. Thomas as well.

There's a Breezes, Sandals and a Riu AI resort on Nassau. From what I recall, the Riu is on Paradise Island - near Atlantis. I don't do AI's so I've never been to any of them.
Also look for something on Freeport (Grand Bahama Island) or any of the smaller outer islands. Abaco, Andros, Eleuthera, San Salvador, Long Island are some of the bigger ones. I think Stella Maris on Long Island is an AI. Small Hope Bay Lodge on Andros is an AI also, by necessity, there's not much else there.

Here's a link to all dive operators in the Bahamas by island. Bahamas Diving Association: Official Dive Association for the Islands of The Bahamas

We've done Sandals in Nassau before and can highly recommend it for a first class vacation that happens to include diving. Yes, all non-motorized watersports are included, but the diving is pretty basic.

A good question you might ask yourself is what is the primary motivation for going? If diving is your primary reason, I might look somewhere else. If diving is secondary, you can't to better............

We would like to go to the Bahamas, but do not know where. We would like an all-inclusive resort for diving and snorkeling. We are looking at going in July. What are the weather and diving conditions at this time of year? What islands are recommended? St. Thomas, St. Croix, Nassau or any others? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Would highly recommend Kamalame Cove and Coral Caverns Resort for small private dive & snorkel resorts. You would have these places to all yourself with first class service. If you have the money my first choice would be Kamalame Cove which is on their own private island. The DM's will take you diving in morning to their best reefs and after lunch they will take you snorkeling to some of the best freshwater springs. The weather in July is Grand with no issues of rough seas.

have a great vacation.

I would strongly recommend Small Hope Bay Lodge on Andros. It's all inclusive, the accomodations are rustic but clean, the food is excellent and the staff was extremely friendly. I worked on a liveaboard in the Bahamas for over eight years and have dived just about everywhere in the Bahamas (from the Abacos in the north to Cay Sal in the South) and the one thing that has impressed me is the diversity of the diving. Beautiful walls, shallow reefs, blue holes, wrecks, drift dives--there is something for every taste. That being said, if it's an all-inclusive you desire, you can't do better than Small Hope Bay. I not only went for the diving, but I returned there to get married because it is such a beautiful environment.

We stayed at Atlantis on Nassau for a week two years ago and it was awesome. Wife and daughter had a great time playing in the surf and pools and all the water "park" attractions. Used Stuart Coves for the diving which was awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom