HELP! Question for ScottZeagle ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Scott - leaving for Coz this coming Friday, and upon inspecting my DH's Escape during cleaning, I spotted that the bungee-type cord that holds the outer bladder edge onto the BC body has pulled out of the clip end till only a very small fraction is holding it together. He immediately took it to our LDS - an authorized Zeagle dealer - who said that Zeagle would not replace the cord unless we sent the whole BC back, that there was no way Zeagle would just send a replacement cord. His advise from there was to duct tape it together for our trip, and have it fixed when we return. Needless to say, we are not taking any of our gear to this LDS in the future for service or repair, if that's how they handle a problem with regard to life support equipment. What's doubly frustrating is that Zeagle had the BC in for repairs about 2 months ago as all the sewing on the webbing (around the 'D' rings, etc.) was coming unraveled. We don't have time to send it in and get it back before our trip. Is there anything Zeagle can do to help? PLEASE????
Kathy

Diver Kat:
He immediately took it to our LDS - an authorized Zeagle dealer - who said that Zeagle would not replace the cord unless we sent the whole BC back, that there was no way Zeagle would just send a replacement cord.

I hate to disagree with your dive shop, but we will absolutely send you (or the dive shop) a replacment bungee...no problem.

If you can change it yourself, PM me your address. If not, let me know what store it is and I will send it to them!

If I get it out to you in tomorrows mail, you should have it Wed/Thurs.

Scott

Scott ... just PM'd you ..... you are a LIFESAVER!! Just another HUGE plus of Zeagle!! Amazing Customer Service on a Sunday night!! What more could a person ask for!!!

Heh. Don't you love it?

Just wait until you see the look on the LDS guy's face when you tell him that you contacted Scott himself and had him ship you a bungee.....

teknitroxdiver:
Heh. Don't you love it?

Just wait until you see the look on the LDS guy's face when you tell him that you contacted Scott himself and had him ship you a bungee.....

Believe me ... the owner will hear about it the next time I stop in ..... he needs to know what the staff tell people when he's not there!!

I've got an..um.. Ranger and I need a new bladder ASAP but the LDS is giving me a hard time.

Check your PM's for my address :wink:

justleesa:
Have a great time Kat:wink:

Hey Lisa!! Thanks for the good thoughts!! So far, with what little I've heard, seems like Cozumel came thru the storm well.... so hopefully I'll be using that camera weight of your next Sunday!!

at least some part of me will make it to coz :wink:

jonnythan:
I've got an..um.. Ranger and I need a new bladder ASAP but the LDS is giving me a hard time.

Check your PM's for my address :wink:

Check out your signature, Johnny - Larry accepts all major credit cards!! :D

Seriously though, for repairs that involve sewing, changing buckles, etc. we DO need the BC. Something as minor as a bungee cord, however, would be wasted postage for both Zeagle and the customer, therefore it is far easier to simply send out the small item. If the dive shop has only dealt with repairs that actually required the entire BC to be sent back, I can see where they would make that assumption.

I am happy to help out with these little items when I can, especially when there is a time sensitive issue - like an upcoming dive trip!

Kathy, I sent you two bungees today via Priority Mail, so you should have them in a couple of days. Have a great time on your trip!!!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom