Help Support my 2012 Charity Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

furby076

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I have been scuba diving for over three years now, and have used this forum a little bit.

Recently I took up a charity challenge to help raise money for an organization (VSO) which helps underprivileged children in Africa. The challenge comes in two parts for me:

1) I help raise the funds which all goes to VSO and is used to train volunteers and send them to Africa for one year. These volunteers teach children, provide medical support, and build (e.g., schools)

2) Out of my own personal funds, I will go travel to E. Africa, with other trekkers to visit some of these kids, the volunteers and the place where the money will be utilized. Then, to symbolize the trek, we will climb Mt Kilimanjaro to symbolize reaching our summit goal.

If you'd like to donate, and/or share this information with other people please follow the link: Avi Lazar is fundraising for Voluntary Service Overseas

Volunteer Services Overseas is the largest independent charity organization in the world. It is a registered charity based in the UK.

Thank you for reading, and your support

Avi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom