Help! TRL brand of wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jatkins679

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy all...

Awhile back my favorite wetsuit was stolen. It fit like a charm and I really liked it. But, unfortunately, I cannot remember the exact brand name so I can buy a new one.

The brand was a three-letter name like "TLR" or "TRL" or "RTL", something like that. Three letters starting with either a "T" or an "R".

If any of you can help me with the name, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

John

John

Forgive me if I'm way off on this, but could the letters possibly stand for Tusa Liberator? (TLR?)..I know they call much of their gear "Imprex" right now, but a few years ago (5-10) their line was called "Liberator"

I have a buddy with a Tusa wetsuit that he bought around 1992-93, so it should be a liberator (???).....I'll take a look and see if there are any letter combos on it that resemble TLR.

Cheers
Bio guy

Hmmmm... That could be it, but still I'm not sure...

One other reason I really liked this particular wetsuit was that it didn't cost me an arm-and-a-leg. I bought it back around '96 and it was only around $120 or so. I don't know if Tusa wetsuits went for around that amount back then or not.

Thanks,

John

Yep you're right.

I checked my buddies suit and there were no letter combo's like that. I guess I wrongly assumed that a Tusa wetsuit from a few years back would carry the liberator name as well...My original mask, snokel, fins and bc from tusa all carried the liberator name.

Sorry I can't help you John...but I'll keep an eye open.

Bio guy

Could it have been IST? If the logo included a dolphin, my guess is that IST was/is the company in question.

Joewr

Joewr figured it out...

My old wetsuit WAS an IST. Now I just have to figure out who sells it here in the Silicon Valley.

Thank you, Joe.

Regards,

John

Back
Top Bottom