Help with purchasing BP/W Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We all can't spell mite. I think it's actually cummerbund misspelled as cumberband mis-shortened/spelled as camband. What it means here is tank straps and I should remember to use that instead...

Cam bands have a buckle with a bulbous end near where it attaches to the strap (the cam.) When set up properly on the tank, the buckle will cam over past center and lock into place.

Yes, you do need a crotch strap. I am personally unfamiliar with the shipping issues to Australia, but a wing would ship for free in the U.S. If you ask about and say you are responding to my recommendation, they may be able to work things out better than you would expect.

Search results for: 'wings' - Dive Right in Scuba

Yes you'll need the crotch strap. It's part of the system and keeps the unit pulled down and snug. Without it the rig will want to swing around side to side and ride up. The crotch strap keeps the plate in place up/down/sideways and keeps the shoulder straps tight. As soon as you undo the waist buckle the crotch strap falls away, and the shoulder straps loosen right up so you can get a hand underneath the shoulder strap and in a split second you're out. The whole thing works as a complete system.

It's dirt simple and a thing of absolute beauty.

I think i get what you mean but i guess i really will have to wait to try in person haha

Yes, you do need a crotch strap. I am personally unfamiliar with the shipping issues to Australia, but a wing would ship for free in the U.S. If you ask about and say you are responding to my recommendation, they may be able to work things out better than you would expect.

Search results for: 'wings' - Dive Right in Scuba

With the AUD so bad atm, calculating it with no shipping fee comes out to be around 570 AUD while buying it from a aus website comes to 600 with shipping. So i dont know if they could you guys could make that much of a difference.. although im happy with anything to be honest

With the AUD so bad atm, calculating it with no shipping fee comes out to be around 570 AUD while buying it from a aus website comes to 600 with shipping. So i dont know if they could you guys could make that much of a difference.. although im happy with anything to be honest
Give it a shot. Ask Mike by sending a PM to Dive Right In Scuba. (This is confusing, but I am John with a period in my user name; Mike does not have a period at the end of his name.)

I think i get what you mean but i guess i really will have to wait to try in person haha

Sounds like you guys need to get some home grown manufacturing going down there since they hold you such a hostage with import fees.

Cam bands have a buckle with a bulbous end near where it attaches to the strap (the cam.) When set up properly on the tank, the buckle will cam over past center and lock into place.

I guess I must've read more "tuxes and martinis" books than "cams and gears" books during my formative years -- never even thought of the cam buckle. :D

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2016 at 03:35 PM ----------

Sounds like you guys need to get some home grown manufacturing going down there since they hold you such a hostage with import fees.

Fleebay is full of no-name (aka "Storm") .cn plates and shipping down under from HK can't be that much...

Give it a shot. Ask Mike by sending a PM to Dive Right In Scuba. (This is confusing, but I am John with a period in my user name; Mike does not have a period at the end of his name.)

Can you provie me a link to his profile? might be alittle easier haha

Down here anything that comes overseas is basically doubled in price... :depressed:

DGX has a complete set for US$299.00(free shipping worldwide).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom