Her dry suit. PLEASE HELP, short on time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C0mbatCarl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok so my lady is 5'7". She has a very small waist and a very large chest. Her shoe size is an 8. I am wondering if a Bare suit size small or medium is better for her. I am guessing a small. How outrageous would it be to get a medium. The two I am looking at are both used. If the torso is two large could I use a BCD like the Zeagle Zena to help compact the torso loft in a suit that is a bit too large? Also is $650 a good asking price for a med suit the is slightly used? How too big is a men's small? How pricey is it to make a suit smaller or is it possible? The men's small is $300. I know the best answer is to get one that is custom but she will not let me spend the money on a new one from a dealer. I love her and I am tired of seeing her come out of the water freezing. She enjoys getting in so much, but I know she is miserable. We dive in the PNW and she has a hell of a time getting in and out of a 7mm. She usually wears a size sm in the 7mm two piece. Any remarks will be so greatly appreciated no matter how small. I am sort of on a time crunch to figure these things out.

Ok so my lady is 5'7". She has a very small waist and a very large chest. Her shoe size is an 8. I am wondering if a Bare suit size small or medium is better for her. I am guessing a small. How outrageous would it be to get a medium. The two I am looking at are both used. If the torso is two large could I use a BCD like the Zeagle Zena to help compact the torso loft in a suit that is a bit too large? Also is $650 a good asking price for a med suit the is slightly used? How too big is a men's small? How pricey is it to make a suit smaller or is it possible? The men's small is $300. I know the best answer is to get one that is custom but she will not let me spend the money on a new one from a dealer. I love her and I am tired of seeing her come out of the water freezing. She enjoys getting in so much, but I know she is miserable. We dive in the PNW and she has a hell of a time getting in and out of a 7mm. She usually wears a size sm in the 7mm two piece. Any remarks will be so greatly appreciated no matter how small. I am sort of on a time crunch to figure these things out.

See if you can find a used Fusion drysuit - it will accomidate her physique easily and she won't be cold.

...Okay, strike that. Go rent one first, then start shopping.

All the best, James

the best answer isn't necessarily custom, but trying on the two you're considering & seeing if either will work. can you ask to put refundable deposits on them and have her try them on?

you know how real estate's three most important things are location, location, location? well, with a drysuit, the three most important things are fit, fit, fit!

My G/F has similiar size Height and weight was around 140ish and has larger Top and she wears a Bare womens Medium (Tri-lam HD Tech Dry) and fits perfectly for her. She can wear her thickest undergarment which is actually 2 layers (4th elemtn XT250/Arctic's) and everything fits. If at possible try on to be sure of size. If you can not and are buying used ask seller if they would take Item back if it does not fit. Most people who sell on here are usually willing to work with fellow Scuba Divers. A custom suit is not alwas needed again this comes down to individual. My G/F and I both wear stock sized suits and they fit perfectly. Bare also offers a lot of the in between sizes suchs as (MD Short etc..)

Try before you buy. There is not substitute for it.

If you get a DUI custom suit, ask Faith @ DUI who is the best in your area to take measurements. Quite a few custom suits have to be sent back in for alteration.

Why not look up the sizes? Each manufacturer should have a sizing chart on their website - that will give you an objective way of seeing what size she would fit best when comparing suits

Good luck! And ps: very sweet of you to be getting her a dry suit

Where in the PNW are you? If you're anywhere near Seattle, I'd be happy to let your lady try on my Fusion and swim it around in our pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom