Here we go again, Looks like Guam is about to get hit by another typhoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guam dodges the second bullet

Thanks for all the well wishes. We got a lot of wind and rain, but the phoon stayed south of us. Got a day off but had to stay inside with no AC. Our power is still off from typhoon Chata'an. Hope the weather clears soon so I can get wet again. Hope this typhoon misses you guys (AliKat, Jonathan, and any others) west of me.

Well, the one that hit Guam missed us, so I guess its only fair that the one that missed you all hits us.

Now SUPER typhoon Halong is forcast to hit us about 10 miles from Kadena Air Base in about 19 hours:wallpeek:

So, just when you all are back to enjoying the water, we will probably be cleaning up!

sorry to hear of all the bad weather , i guess here in novs scotia we are luckie that way that we dont get mutch for seveer weather , no typhoons no earthquakes no tornadoes no 20 ft snow fall and no igloos ,
stay safe
rob

Originally posted by AliKat
Well, the one that hit Guam missed us, so I guess its only fair that the one that missed you all hits us.

Now SUPER typhoon Halong is forcast to hit us about 10 miles from Kadena Air Base in about 19 hours:wallpeek:

So, just when you all are back to enjoying the water, we will probably be cleaning up!
AliKat,
My prayers and thoughts are with you. Having been through 2 Super Typhoons and about a dozen regular (if you can call a typhoon regular) typhoons, I can attest that it is no fun. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Jonathan, hope this thing dies before it makes it way up to you. Everyone stay safe.

I hope everything is OK in Okinawa AliKat - from what I can make out on the local TV it looks like a big one. Last track looks like it isn't coming Tokyo way, but who knows with these things.

Why is it all so early this year?! Does it mean it will be safe to travel the area in the "normal" season?

Thankfully Tokyo is pretty solid (though I have got leaves plastered to my windows!) and they generally die down before they get to us - still it was bad enough with half strength winds, I really would not want to be sitting in the full path.....

Gambatte kudasai
Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom