Here we go again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfisher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi guys and gals,

Remember me? The newbie with all the puter problems and editing mishaps? Well, I've gotten some better equipment and a ton more experience, but am still having one problem.

I got a Dell Inspiron with an Intel 6600 quad processor, 4G of 800 DDR2 ram, plenty of hard drive, but opted for their standard video card (NVidia 3150 I think) with the idea of upgrading if necessary. I think it's necessary, but need some opinions. Oh, my editing software is ULead 11.5 Plus.

When I do any editing or viewing of my work while editing the picture is jerky. It's the same after all the diting i done and I'm viewing the whole video. Everything comes out smooth when burned to DVD, but it does make clipping and adding titles, etc, a little annoying and less accurate.

Considering the processor and ram I don't think these should be an issue. I figure it's just a matter of the video card not being able to process the video through to the screen quick enough. What do you guys think?

My choice for an upgrade cardis the NVidia 8600, at this time. Can get it from Tiger Direct for $100.

I just got a new XPS laptop for editing. Mines came with the NVidia 8300 or 8600 with 256 Meg in it. I have not seen what you are saying much. Sometimes reight when the clip starts. But you can stop it and restart it and it goes away. What ever you do get the one with the most ram posible.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom