Hero 10 Black rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

time2fly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey ya'll

I'm looking at diving in St. Martin in the next few months. I have a Hero 10 that I will be using when I go. It's been a few years since I've been out and am curious what set up people are currently using ? I'm figuring I will be average 10M dives. Are people using a filter or do you have suggestions for a set up I should run with ?? Thanks !!!

I have a Hero 11. After a couple of days diving on a recent holiday, I ditched the filter that I had used with previous GoPro cameras. If you have ample sunlight, I think it will be OK to 10 metres and good to 5 metres without additional lighting. If you have video lights, then there is no issue at any depth. Even better, if you are able to do some colour correction after the event. I haven't got around to working that out for myself, it's on the to do list!

If you have video lights, then there is no issue at any depth.

That isn't my experience. At least in the waters I dive videos lights are only good for really close up or as fill lights for larger subjects. The sun simply is too powerful.

That isn't my experience. At least in the waters I dive videos lights are only good for really close up or as fill lights for larger subjects. The sun simply is too powerful.

Yes, I should have qualified that statement. Video lights are only as good as the area they cover, so in reality, even with high end video lights, that's going to be quite close up.

I ditched filters. Go with post processing color correction.
I just stepped up to some medium sized video lights. Makes a huge difference. Too bad the lights cost much more than the GoPro goes for.

I ditched filters. Go with post processing color correction.
I just stepped up to some medium sized video lights. Makes a huge difference. Too bad the lights cost much more than the GoPro goes for.
That's been my experience as well. Though color correction in DaVinci isn't quite 'click it and forget it'.

I'll shoot with lights up to 20 feet even with lots of sun. Lights solve a lot of problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom