Hero4 session

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave_lucas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any new thoughts on the hero4 session now that the price has dropped to $199 and you can get an underwater housing rated to 130ft for under $30?

I really like the form factor and when I was looking to purchase ~6 months ago the only thing that stopped me was the 30ft water rating and the price.

Seems like it would be great for mounting in different locations and easy to use.

Battery is supposed to last longer than the larger GoPro's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only found Chinese made third-party dive housings. Did GoPro make their own?

I'd be concerned using a chinese housing for obvious reasons - typically lower quality and no warranty if your camera floods.

The HERO3/3+/4 are so small already, they can be mounted anywhere these could be mounted. I can't really see an advantage of the smaller size.

Also, keep in mind there aren't (yet) color correction filters for the HERO4 Session that would fit these housing.

Not from GoPro but innovative scuba offers one the is around $40 and good down to 130 ft. Recsea offers one that is good down to 984 ft and you can get filters.

The session would be a great format to make a 3D setup as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom