Heron Island, Queensland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi from the UK.

My wife and I are visiting NZ and Aus in Jan/Feb 2016 and, to round off our trip, we're thinking of staying at Heron Island (southern end of Great Barrier Reef) - I'm a reasonably keen diver (BSAC qualified, Sports Diver), but Liz is less so, so we'll be happy for memorable dives in the 20-25 metre range..

Has anybody done this? And is the diving good around there? Or would you stay somewhere else? Our son will be working in Gold Coast City so ideally we want to be in that broad area.

Any thoughts, anybody?

Cheers.

MARTIN

Diving is excellent as is the free snorkelling in the harbour/wreck area. Lady Elliott island is also worth considering. I can't comment on the resort as it has been several years since I was last there. Heron Bommie is great dive!! Wilson island is the best snorkelling I have ever done! Do you like birds? ie thousands of birds? Do your homework.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom