Hey, can we have a RECIPE forum now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3

Contributor
Reaction score
Speak up, how many folks (besides me) would like to see a RECIPE FORUM added now that there's a board layout that can handle it better ??

Here's a "taste":

Crab/ Lobster Dip Recipe

16 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup mayo
1 tsp creole mustard
3 tbs white wine
4 tsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbs lime juice
optional: add 1 seeded minced habanero if you like a little character to your dip.
1½ cups minced crabmeat, clams, shrimp, conch, crawdad or bug meat.

Mix & heat everything EXCEPT meat together in top of double boiler.
Stir until mixture becomes smooth. Add critter meat.
Place in greased small casserole dish.
Bake in preheated 350° oven 20 minutes.

I'm going to leave this request here, although something like this should go into non diving..
I think your recipe looks great. But, don't you think it can go into non diving without starting a whole new forum?
We still want to stay a dive board..with a few non diving forums, and sub forums, to continue to stay a community.
Sound good?

I thought "site support" would be the best place for a new forum request.
Recipes could go as a "sub-forum" under "non-diving" I guess, but there are a LOT of divers that like to cook up (and/or eat raw) the lovely marine critters we come across, & that is assuredly dive related, & recipes are best kept in some kind of organization, so it's best not to scatter them around in different forums.
There are several other dive boards that have recipe sections.
It's also a great way to re-assert our position as apex predator in the food chain.
If it'll help I promise not to post any sharkfin soup recipes. :wink:
Hey, at least I didn't start a poll...

HI Bob:
Yes, Site Support was the best place for your question. That's why it's still here.
:)
I was refering to the recipe.
Anyway, how about Walter's idea that he came up with for the Single's, for now.
Start every thread with the word 'Recipe' in it, in Non diving. If we have so many they become hard to find, maybe we can come up with a sub, to organize them. If not, they will still be easier to find in the search engine.

I would like to cast a vote AGAINST a recipe forum.

cornfed:
I would like to cast a vote AGAINST a recipe forum.

I agree, unless, again we get a way to prevent forums from showing up on the new posts search.

James

Bob3:
How about posting the soup recipe over in non diving? I'll paste it back to you, and then delete it from here.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Back
Top Bottom