Hi Everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagibbon

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this message board, actually stumbled across it whilst trying to find a good price on a SEAC Pro2000 BCD...
Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself: I live near Chester in the UK, been diving for 8years as BSAC then as PADI. I'm 26yrs old, I have certifications up to Rescue Diver, and have almost completed my Divemaster. I will be starting my Assistant Instructor straight after this and am hoping to advance to Instructor after that...
I'm looking forward to going out to Cuba next week - make a welcome change from diving in a dry suit over here...

Nice to hear from you--I had to read your post when I saw "Scuba Gibbon." I have to admit, I never thought of diving gibbons before--of course, it could be your family name (I knew someone back in school whose last name was Gibbons).

So what kind of diving do you do in the UK? I imagine a lot of wrecks and I've seen interesting pictures of sealife off the coast of Scotland. Let us know.

I would have liked to have either a comedy reason or a legitimate reason why I picked the name, but I'm afraid it was a spur of the moment thing - Boo -
Diving where I live is mainly quarry dives ( privately owned and filled with boats, helicopters, plastic horses !! etc) or off the coast of Wales- there are wrecks off the coast but the majority are completely smashed up and indistiguishable .....diving up North it a much better - a 3 hour trip from me will see you in the Farne Islands - Seals...you have to love them !!
Very cold over here though - startingto warm up now - but water is still only 5-6-7 degrees....

A warm welcome from someone who understands cold. Although we're not quite as cold as 5-6-7 --- unless you're talking Celsius ant not Fahrenheit (that would be 40-45F).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom