Hi Friend .Cost sell our dive light in order to get good reputations here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not sure where you do your conversion or what you're converting but ¥603 =$5.97

i like a good burn like anyone else, but when I google "¥603 in dollars" I get $97.17US

---------- Post added July 11th, 2014 at 01:38 PM ----------

To the OP - I've been looking at A LOT of lights lately, many of them off-brand from China. This one is not smaller, nor more powerful, nor cheaper than many others (e.g., this one on ebay). I wouldn't have even read the rest of the description if it had said "up to" 225 lumens for $97...so, good thing you're offering it for a discount...still not getting it though - the low battery notification is a neat feature, but the low lumens is a deal breaker for me, and the need for oil to keep it functioning is a turn off too. sorry.

Have to agree with others, 18650/CREE lights from china tend to go for under $20 for the 1000lm models. I've got three of them here.

Guys, Yen and Yuan are two completely different currencies. They both use the same symbol though.
Yen is JPY, Japan. Yuan is CNY, China.
The $6 conversion is for Japanese Yen.

This guy is based in China via the website.

The correct conversion is $94 USD
1 Yuan = 0.16 USD

Last edited:
Guys, Yen and Yuan are two completely different currencies. They both use the same symbol though.
Yen is JPY, Japan. Yuan is CNY, China.
The $6 conversion is for Yen. Most Japanese Sodas are 100 Yen for reference.
So that is a pretty good give away that this pricing is not for Japanese Yen.

The conversion is $94 USD
1 Yuan = 0.16 USD

This guy is based in China via the website.

A reason to use "RMB" instead of the Yuan symbol.

The reason I was asking if it was wide angle is because 225m lumens on a 100degree light would be impressive. 225 lumens on a 8deg light is not given the abundance of brighter narrow lights for less.

I think this has also been moved. Wasn't it originally in the general lights discussion? The classified section has additional rules, but it wasn't started there.

i like a good burn like anyone else, but when I google "¥603 in dollars" I get $97.17US

---------- Post added July 11th, 2014 at 01:38 PM ----------

To the OP - I've been looking at A LOT of lights lately, many of them off-brand from China. This one is not smaller, nor more powerful, nor cheaper than many others (e.g., this one on ebay). I wouldn't have even read the rest of the description if it had said "up to" 225 lumens for $97...so, good thing you're offering it for a discount...still not getting it though - the low battery notification is a neat feature, but the low lumens is a deal breaker for me, and the need for oil to keep it functioning is a turn off too. sorry.

¥ is the well known sign for Japanese YEN, china uses the same currency symbol but does not bother to indicate the actual currency...i.e. CAD, USD etc

how am i supposed to know its china and not japan?

not sure where you do your conversion or what you're converting but ¥603 =$5.97
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¥603=US$5.97 ??? Are you kiding me ? If i gave you $5.97, can yoiu give me ¥603 ??

You should learn about the exchange rete.

---------- Post added July 11th, 2014 at 08:14 PM ----------

A reason to use "RMB" instead of the Yuan symbol.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for helping me to explain, Yes . It's ¥=RMB.Here is a chinese website . Ofcourse we use RMB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¥603=US$5.97 ??? Are you kiding me ? If i gave you $5.97, can yoiu give me ¥603 ??

You should learn about the exchange rete.

---------- Post added July 11th, 2014 at 08:14 PM ----------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for helping me to explain, Yes . It's ¥=RMB.Here is a chinese website . Ofcourse we use RMB

by your own admission you should learn about currencies and how to represent them for clarity
its not on me to figure out where you're from

¥ has been been symbol for Chinese RMB for along time, even before I was born. 30+ years. It is just RMB hasn't been used or even refer outside of China for too often too long. So no, the issue is not China chose to use the same symbol, but people (You) are not familiar with the symol, the rest here seems well aware of. :)

It is not uncommom for two different currency to use the same symbol. The $ is used to far too many currency. That is why people put letter like US$, HK$, BZ$, NT$ ... For the same convention, you usually see JP¥.

¥ is the well known sign for Japanese YEN, china uses the same currency symbol but does not bother to indicate the actual currency...i.e. CAD, USD etc

how am i supposed to know its china and not japan?

---------- Post added July 12th, 2014 at 10:54 AM ----------

What's the maintenance hole all about? None of my lights have that.

I have a similar light like this. The hole is at the rotating switch. I guess after salt water use, salt build up, maybe some small corrotion, the rotation switch can get stuck. I guess one can adding oil between the switch and the light body (by injecting oil in that hole) to ease this issue

---------- Post added July 12th, 2014 at 11:15 AM ----------

This is to OP, I think at $34, it is a very good prive. At $96, there are quite a few good quality, proven reliable with good output lights out there. One example is 1k Shorty Dive Light - Dive Right in Scuba

How does your compare to this? This use Cree XML U2, a more efficent and higher max output LED

I have a few questions with the spec:
1. The website says 300lm, but the graphic says 225.
2. Cree Q5, under ideal condition, it get 300LM at 1500mA, and 225LM at 1000mA. To get 2.5hr at 300LM meaning the 16850 needs to be 7500mAh (this is far from reality). 2.5hr at 225LM is 2500mAh, this is not impossible, but again it is under ideal condition where all enengy goes to light, we know it is not the case. Basically, run time depend on 16850 capacity, which varies a lot.
3. By the same logic, CR123 usually have capacity of 1500mAh. So a pair will get 1.5hr of run time.
4. The actual output compare to similar price light will remain to be seen.

Persoanlly, I don't like CR123 or 16850 light for diving. They are usually not easily replaceable at dive site or expansive. I will much prefer a 3xAA or 2xC light.

Back
Top Bottom