Hi from a british dive chick!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mslumsden

Reaction score
Hi,

Found my way over here following people's views on the diving of HMS repulse by the GUE team. I'm normally part of a couple of fora in the UK.

Been diving a couple of years, usually fairly distinguishable by the bright pink twinset. Dive all round the UK, south, scotland and wales. Love both wrecks and life. Not a huge tekette (although the dark side is drawing ever closer.....) and saving up for a YBOD.

Will be nice getting to know a whole load more divers although the odds of meeting up for a weekend dip might be somewhat reduced!

Welcome to the group! Please share a little background on the HMS Repulse dive. I'm not familiar with the project or the controversy.

It's nice to meet divers from the UK. From what I read in Diver/Divernet.com it seems like you folks are a pretty interesting bunch.

If you're ever in the mood for some easy dives in clear, warm water, just pop over the pond and visit us in South Florida. The diving is wonderful.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Like your accent, sounds kewl...............welcome.

Ah yes, Divernet! I pop in once in a while but most the time I'm part of YD (www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk) a far friendlier bunch with pisstaking by the bucket load.

As for the HMS Repulse issues.....

http://www.scubaboard.com/t64660.html

http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8919

A somewhat differing group of opinions, just personally i wouldn't have dived it although I have dived many wrecks on which life has been lost i have never and would never dive a designated war grave. As for other wrecks my personal view is look but don't touch. What most disturbed me about this "documentary" was the showing of human ramains to rave music. This was completely unnecessary and thoughtless.

Anyway back to nicer subjects....

Whats the best brand of underwater mascara? still not found the ideal brand :D

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

A Ha! Cdiver2 thought that seemed familiar, nice to bump into you!

Nice to meet you guys, I'm sure we'll get chatting about a dive or two.

mslumsden:
A Ha! Cdiver2 thought that seemed familiar, nice to bump into you!

Nice to meet you guys, I'm sure we'll get chatting about a dive or two.

Come on over and lets get a couple of dives in.

welcome aboard

mslumsden:
Hi,

Found my way over here following people's views on the diving of HMS repulse by the GUE team. I'm normally part of a couple of fora in the UK.

Been diving a couple of years, usually fairly distinguishable by the bright pink twinset. Dive all round the UK, south, scotland and wales. Love both wrecks and life. Not a huge tekette (although the dark side is drawing ever closer.....) and saving up for a YBOD.

Will be nice getting to know a whole load more divers although the odds of meeting up for a weekend dip might be somewhat reduced!

Have you dived any of the wrecks around NI yet?. There are some great ones there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom