Hi from California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vvcepheia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone!

I have been a warm-water vacation diver. I got my OW in Mabul, Malaysia in 2013 and my AOW in Okinawa, Japan in 2016. While I technically have "10 years" of experience diving, I am still a newbie with < 100 dives. I am also an AIDA3 freediver, and go freediving occasionally.

Recently I have decided to give local diving (Monterey) a try, and if the cold is tolerable, may dive more often locally. Glad to e-meet you all : )

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I loved Mabul/Sipidan.

You should check out the Northern California regional sub-forum here, for local discussion.

You should have dived a week ago -- people were reporting sea temps at depth in the mid-60s. Thats pretty much unheard of and I hope was an anomoly (sp).

You should check out the Northern California regional sub-forum here, for local discussion.

You should have dived a week ago -- people were reporting sea temps at depth in the mid-60s. Thats pretty much unheard of and I hope was an anomoly (sp).
Where did you hear this? And where was this?

Where did you hear this? And where was this?

On facebook on the Monterey scuba pages, a bunch of people were reporting those temps at Breakwater, elsewhere in Monterey.

First reports I thought maybe were mistaken or exaggerated, but a bunch of folks were reporting it. I was wondering if it was related to the hurricane. Warmest Ive ever seen in Carmel /Monterey was 58 deg.

Apparently its back to normal now - mid 50s.

On facebook on the Monterey scuba pages, a bunch of people were reporting those temps at Breakwater, elsewhere in Monterey.

First reports I thought maybe were mistaken or exaggerated, but a bunch of folks were reporting it. I was wondering if it was related to the hurricane. Warmest Ive ever seen in Carmel /Monterey was 58 deg.

Apparently its back to normal now - mid 50s.
Wow, that’s freaky!

Howdy!

I'm also in the Bay area (SF specifically) and am always keen to find other people to go with. What made you decide to start in Monterey again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom