Hi from WV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prplunicorn

Reaction score
A friend of mine told me about this site, so I thought I'd give it a try. She actually ran into some people she met here, and I thought that was cool, so here I am.

I'm going to explore for a while.

Prplunicorn

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to Scubaboard & congrats on being one of the few new members to fill in a profile before posting.
It makes it much easier for people to give you useful answers.

Hi diving out of falling waters WV near Martinsburg. In area where I-70 & I-81 intersect on map. New explorer here on scubaboard too---small world.

Welcome! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place!

See how good this works? Already have a potential dive buddy fairly close at hand.

TJ

Benvenuto a bordo! :sharks:

Superheat:
Hi diving out of falling waters WV near Martinsburg. In area where I-70 & I-81 intersect on map. New explorer here on scubaboard too---small world.

Hi, Superheat.

I am about 4 hours away from you, on I-64 in southern WV, but my daughter goes to Shepherd and lives in Shepherdstown. She is currently taking her Open Water.

Maybe we'll run into each other sometime.

If your daughter is interested, we often go to Mt. Storm which is actually a cooling lake for a power plant and thus stays pretty warm ~80-90f and is a great place to practice skills and such orv just to keep the gills wet. There are some platforms sunken in the lake and lines running to each. 25, 50, 90ft platforms, excellent training lake.
Our dive instructors and students are usually there in some capacity every weekend from about March- October earlier or later if weather permits. Just outside of Keyser WV. Might even be an option if you come to visit her often.

prplunicorn:
A friend of mine told me about this site, so I thought I'd give it a try. She actually ran into some people she met here, and I thought that was cool, so here I am.

I'm going to explore for a while.

Prplunicorn
Stay awhile and I think you'll enjoy. welcome to scubaboard.

Superheat:
If your daughter is interested, we often go to Mt. Storm which is actually a cooling lake for a power plant and thus stays pretty warm ~80-90f and is a great place to practice skills and such orv just to keep the gills wet. There are some platforms sunken in the lake and lines running to each. 25, 50, 90ft platforms, excellent training lake.
Our dive instructors and students are usually there in some capacity every weekend from about March- October earlier or later if weather permits. Just outside of Keyser WV. Might even be an option if you come to visit her often.

I've heard people talk about Mt. Storm. One of my daughter's friends did scuba at WVU, and finished up there. I'd like to try it sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom