Hi! Newbie from Milton (Ontario), Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pchyen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all! Been lurking/reading on and off for about 2-3 years and finally decided I should join the community. I am a certified vacation diver and have 17 dives to date. All of my dives have been in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. Looking forward to go back to do more diving and possibly go to Cozumel and perhaps some cave diving as well.

Was on vacation from Nov 28th to Dec 5th, did 6 dives during my vacation. Did 2 dives at Cerebros (12m dive), 2 dives at the "aquarium" (18m dive), and 2 at Los Arcos (The Arch, 30m dive). The last dive at Los Arcos we went lionfish hunting with the DM. The DM did the spearing and we had 3 catches. Had to sign a waiver for the resort to cook the fish. Chef made fish tacos and the rest were pan fried with garlic & onion.

Unedited pics & videos. please excuse the shakes with videos as I am still learning how to be smooth and not move too much while filming, it's not easy!

2013 December - Playa Del Carmen Photos by pchyen | Photobucket

Join the club! Am also new here and oh how I envy your Mexican experiences. Have you ever considered diving in Malindi?

Welcome to SB.
Perhaps we could convince you to do some local dives as well..
You could think about getting a dive or two in the St Lawrence river in the summer. It is almost tropical (at least for Canadian diving) Water in the mid 70'sF and no thermocline in the river.
I like you am headed to the warm tropical Caribbean in Feb, and looking forward to it.
Enjoy your diving.

Thanks all! I am looking to go back to PDC and possibly Cozumel late March/early April.

I might consider a local few dives in the summer but I will need to see if schedule allows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom