Hidden Rivers of Florida show on TV this month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Premiering on PBS television stations in October, join award winning underwater filmmaker Wes Skiles and one of the world’s most accomplished cave divers, Jill Heinerth, as they explore Florida’s precious aquifer in Water’s Journey – Hidden Rivers of Florida. The expedition is part of the Florida Springs Initiative launched by Governor Jeb Bush three years ago to address the State’s rising demand for water. The video offers Floridians a glimpse into never before seen footage as a single raindrop makes its way underground, beneath highways, restaurants, gas stations, and farms before ultimately ending up in the Gulf of Mexico.

Listed below are the projected show times for Florida PBS stations:

Station/City
Day
Time

WGCU-Ft. Meyers
Tuesday, 10/21
8:00 pm

WUFT-Gainesville
Tuesday, 10/21

WJCT-Jacksonville
Thursday, 10/23
9:00 pm

WLRN-Miami/Ft.Lauderdale
Thursday, 10/30

WPBT-Miami/Ft.Lauderdale
Wednesday, 10/1 Sunday 10/5

4:00 pm

WXEL-West Palm Beach
Thursday, 10/2

Friday, 10/3
7:00 pm

5:00 pm

WBCC-Orlando
Sunday, 10/12

Saturday, 10/18

5:00 pm

WCEU-Orlando
Wednesday, 10/1

Wednesday,10/22
8:00 pm, 10:00 pm

WFSG-Panama City
Tuesday, 10/14

WSRE-Pensacola
Thursday, 10/9

WFSU-Tallahassee
Tuesday, 10/14

Friday, 10/17

Sunday, 10/19

1:00 am

5:00 am

WEDU-Tampa/St. Pete
Thursday, 10/16

Sunday, 10/19

2:30 pm

WUSF-Tampa/St. Pete
Thursday, 10/23

I saw the last half hour yesterday while flipping around the channels. It looked pretty good - great videography and production value.

I can't wait to see it all.

Marc

I watched this last night - it was great....even with the two guys tracking the underground divers while walking through golf courses, parking lots and even directly through a Sonny's!!! Great video of sidemount cave diving - and very revealing of the dangers facing Florida's Aquifer. I'm sure PBS will be showing it again - just call your local station and ask when it's on next.

Thanks for making the dates available Wendy....good job!!

I'm rehashing this because I caught this on replay last week and was just amazed at how tenacious these divers were at following the flow! Incredible!!

Incidentally, I have added this to the list of what I deem should be REQUIRED WATCHING with a TEST at the end of the lecture for those who are moving or planning to building in FL as well as those running for office (accountability factor). My other favorite is Living Islands. :)

And here I just bought the DVD...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom